Marksberry Muzzloaders, Good Bad , Questions,

300stw

any info on these for idaho hunting, price, availability, accurate, loads bullets, thanks.....

A guy I know uses one, I can't say how well it shoots. I know it doesn't shoot as well as my TC Renegade with the Green Mountian barrel. I showed him a target and he said " I wish mine shot like that" Ron

The only place I know where to buy them is from Marksberry. I've only seen a few guns and they are built very well. They also use a percussion cap, which is exposed so it would be legal for Idaho in my opinion. They also use Green Mountain barrels in either 24" or 26" length barrels depending on model.
Price runs from mid $500 to mid $600.
Shayne

Markesberys are great and they shoot awesome! I own 5 of them. 3/4 inch group at a 100 yards with the one I shoot daily. Idahoron your buddies probably doesn't shoot well becuase he doesn't shoot as well as you. It's more then likely not the gun. could also be the load!

Shayne, You should learn how to spell MARKESBERY! LOL All of their barrels are GM 24" length. Their prices start at $550 and go up to $750

300 if you have any questions pm me I will get you my phone number. By the way they are very hard to get right now. They have went out of production for the time being. I will make a couple calls and see If I can round one or two more up!

Steve

I would say it is probably the load. I think he is the kind of guy that says that is good enough.
I didn't know they were GM barrels. They should shoot great! I would like to shoot one some time. How good are the sights on them? Ron

LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-08 AT 10:22PM (MST)[p]You're right, I misspelled Markesbery. Oh well, guess that's why I never won any spelling bee contests.
Shayne

Ron

Over the years Markesbery has used a number of sights from the old iron dove tail (whale tail) to the new williams fiber optic. I really don't care for either of them. I have tried a number of sights from peeps to other williams sights. What I would really like to try is your set up! Maybe we could get together sometime this summer you could shot the markesbery and I could check out your sight system.

In all honesty I have never found an easier and better shooting gun then the Markesbery and I own a lot of muzzle loaders. When the gun is scoped I can touch three shot groups at 100 yards on a very consistent basis (over 50% of the time).

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom