Mass Buck Fun

twopointdn

I thought this would be a fun topic with some pictures of a buck that I have four years of history with. The first year he was a two point that stayed in velvet and never shed his antlers so we figured he would be a cactus buck. The second year he grew but really nothing special yet at age 2. The third year he had broken some prior years points off and completed a crown on his head. Picture below at age 3.

For some fun, what is the most massive buck you have ever seen? Mass is my most desired characteristic when it comes to antlered and horned animals.

I would love to see some pictures of massive bucks and after a while I will post a picture of this cactus buck at age 4. He is definitely the most massive buck I have ever seen so that should built some anticipation. I hope everyone has a fun season, it is getting close.

C241232F-4F71-4450-8A31-991F54646EE4.jpeg

That is sweet you got a shed off him. What is the mass measurement on the burr of that shed?

9”, the shed I found was found the same year I took the photo, so the prior years shed. I’m sure his other side is still there. I’m the only person with permission to shed hunt that property.

A friend sent my brother a better picture of him tonight. I will post it in a few days. It is fun seeing all the massive bucks that have been shared so far. Have fun.

No offense.....but I wouldn't shoot that with your gun.....
My friend asked me if I would shoot him over a 30” four point and I said “heck no “. I then said that I would shoot him over a standard 24” wide 140” four point because I have those and I have nothing even close to the mass buck. My family members have killed three cactus bucks in the last decade and they are all unique in their own ways. One is ugly, one does not score well but he is a awesome buck and one scores well with five main beams. Most cactus bucks fit the ugly category but there are a few that are unreal.

Silly question, but do those cactus bucks stink? I see those "antlers" and can't help but think they absolutely reek of rotten velvet.
I imagine they smell like something that has passed through the digestive tract of a sick elderly woman.

Silly question, but do those cactus bucks stink? I see those "antlers" and can't help but think they absolutely reek of rotten velvet.
I imagine they smell like something that has passed through the digestive tract of a sick elderly woman.
No, they do not smell……velvet is NOT rotting

I found something similar to NPHunter's I thought I'd share. One of my favorite "finds". I spent hundreds of yards and hours of "boots on the ground" to no avail trying to find the match. 5 normal antler points, and a profusion of 7+ gnarly brow tine!

Last edited:
The ugly buck with the bailing twine around its head had an infection where the twine and antler grew into each other so it did stink. The other two were perfect velvet with no stink.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom