Mathews Outback? or not?

bigbrink

I sold my old bow and I'm looking to upgrade. I have the opportunity to pick up a Mathews outback for a great price. Are they worth it?

I was also looking at some of the 07 hoyt models like the Vtec and other ones.

Which is a better bow and whats your opinion

The outback is definately not the fastest bow out there but if your lookin for a bow that has an easy draw, is fairly quiet, and fairly light the outback is a good choice. if your lookin for a faster bow but still want the light weight and speed i would suggest lookin at the new mathews Z-7 however it is pretty expensive. the new hoyt models are pretty cool like the alpha burner or alpha max but are still pretty expensive. The Hoyt Turbohawk is a smokin deal. Its fast, lightweight, short, and cheap. Its runnin at about $550 bare bow.

Ummm I would look for something else. Lots of guys I know that had them got rid of them when the switchback came out. The outback wasn't the most highly reguarded Mathews flagship bow that they produced. If you can find something in your price range from the switchback on towards today then I would go that route. But if you like it and the price is right then I say go for it. I have a 2003 Mathews FX that I bought used in 2004, so I have been waiting to upgrade for a while. I want a new Monster, but funds have been lacking for it. Oh well. Best of luck in the hunt for a new bow.
WVBOWAK

If you are on a budget and after a used bow, the Switchback is a better option than the Outback, IMO. Look on Archerytalk and you will likely find dozens of Switchbacks in the $400 range.

My dad has this bow from afew years ago and loves it. I think he won it at an elk banquet and has used it ever since. I like hoyt but a great deal is a great deal so...

I love my Outback and with 450gr arrows it is 8 fps slower than the Reezen 7.0 and 15 fps slower than the Monster at the same draw length and weight--Real world chronograph results. If my Outback had a drop-away rest they may have been even closer.

If the price is right for you rest assured it's a good bow. The main thing is to shoot it and then decide.

I have owned the switchback,conquest 4,drenalin,monster, reezen and the z7 and my favorite of them all is still the original switchback.I think you could find great deals on a switchback.

I don't know what you consider to be a great price, but I can almost promise you won't be disappointed with the outback. I loved mine.I just got to itching for a change a couple of years ago when I had a healthy tax refund in my pocket. IMO alot of people get too hung up on speed.Not that it's slow.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom