Max Points Deer

I'mnot sure draw units are much better that region units. Not likly to shoot a 175 plus buck in most draw units imo. Points for deer are not worth buying for LE units IMO. I would like to see others opinions.

Me and a buddy (residents) both had 102 tags this year. Its definitely a fun hunt, you see tons of deer and alot of bucks but the mature deer are tough to find. The unit has tons of 2-3 year old bucks. With the tough draw odds and all the hype this unit gets I'd say its a bit overrated. We ended up killing 2 decent bucks, but I don't think we ever saw a deer over 25", and we looked at over 40 bucks and hunted hard. One thing that frustrated us was the amount of roads. You can't get very far from any road. We were happy with our deer and the hunt, but i think alot of people have very high expectations for this unit with all the publicity it gets. This was the first year we ever put in for it, and lucked out and drew it.

My dad and several of our friends had area 101 and 102 tags this year and it was a great year. My dad scored on a beutiful 30" 5x6 189 gross deer! Our friends did great also with 3 moore bucks over 180" and one monster that went 219". Yes we did see allot of deer and there are roads every where. All of these deer were hard earned with hundreds of hours behind glass in the summer, scouting in these areas is key, would be glad to offer any info.

elkhunter, how did your antelope hunt end up last fall?? was the unit as good as expected?? worth the points?? let us know, clinton

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom