Maybe next year!

bonepicker

Very Active Member
Thought you guys might enjoy this. Here is a shed that I found this spring. It is the third shed from this bull in the same area and about a week before 1st bull season I saw him with a harem of 20 or so cows in the same area. He had put on some good length on the g-1,g-2 and g-3 compared to this shed (and this one is in the 330ish class). I took a guy in there but we couldn't ever find him but I'm sure he is still in there, very few people ever go in that area. Hopefully next year I'll have a tag and get a chance at him! In the meantime he's lived to spread those good genetics for another year.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos2/3362antlers_001.jpg

robinsg61le since you are a scoring expert, you should know better than to try to estimate a score from a picture! :) The picture angle clearly shows the length of the top end but makes the first three tines look shorter than they actually are. And there is no real way to understand the length or mass from a pic. Here's the measurement sheet you asked for: http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos2/7978antlers_001.jpg

331" if he matches perfectly on both sides. Not that it really matters because I only have one side and he's still out there so his final score is just an estimate anyway. Safe to say, he is alot bigger than 290! :) And the point is, he's plenty big enough to shoot regardless of exact score. I'd be happy with his sheds next spring or putting him on my wall next fall, I'll shoot him so that you can hold out for a bigger bull. :)

Not a scoring expert. I dont see 14" on the g1 and g2. Just an opinion from some guy on the internet. No reason to get worked up.

Its easy to type in any score you want into a form. Looks like a 300 bull to me. I can't believe you actually filled out the form and took a picture of it.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-20-14 AT 07:29PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-20-14 AT 07:22?PM (MST)

No matter the score thats a great bull for Oregon. I hope you find him next fall. For what it's worth I see 148X2=296+38?=334?

Saying a 330 class is not too far out of reach.

Bonepicker! I'd like to thank you for showing all of us that picture of a good Oregon bull shed. I'm sorry that there are people on this site seem to turn most all posts into a pizzing match.

Bonepicker,thankyou for shed pictures, hope you draw ,and kill him next year. Pretty hard to tell the score from a picture,and pretty well nailed by scoring it in person. Some guys need to be out hunting instead of jaw jacking!!

Haha! No problem, seriously no big deal, I wasn't trying to "prove" that it was a 330 bull, I was just showing that I did the measuring and that is what I came up with. I don't have any hurt feelings. :) I'm not a professional scorer so there could easily be 10-15 inches of variance and I admit, scoring one shed is almost pointless anyway since there is no way to know spread and how close the other side is etc. The point I was making was that I'm hoping to find this bull next year, and that he'd be good enough for me to take him if I got the chance.

Robinsg61le....It was not your posts that got to me. I've seen some of your other posts on this site and followed your own elk hunting adventure. I consider you a knowledgable hunter and sportsman. +1 to you.

Back
Top Bottom