Maybe of interest.

nochawk

OK, well last year during muzzleloader season I had one of those unexplainable misses I thought.... perfect broadside at 25 yards standing still...one of those chip shots. got out of stand and walked over to where he was. no blood, scruffed up leaves and that was it, circle searched for about 2 hours no sign, went and got the dog, no luck..... called it my 2nd buck for the year. only allowed 2 so hunted does rest of season... I know this buck so kind of figured I would find him during shed hunt or buzzards would show me where he was.
anyhow.. this spring he showed up on trailcam with a Left front leg not mobile... The same side I shot him on.
OK... well now I know he survived so lets wonder what his rack will look like with a broken or injured leg as I have heard that an injury may effect his rack afterwards.... so I waited, first what he looked like in 2022.... he is the buck on the right.
and now......... grew straight up and all kinds of wierd... mass and trash...

WGI_0399.JPG

WGI_0405.JPG

WGI_0428.JPG

WGI_0015.JPG

WGI_0016.JPG

WGI_0017.JPG

WGI_0414.JPG

WGI_0418.JPG

WGI_0420.JPG

WGI_0426.JPG

Resilient creatures. Maybe you'll get another chance at him. Although he probably knows your smell better than any other human's so one whiff and he'll be gone!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom