Maybe.....

5yearcoueshunter

So, I don't want to start a feeding frenzie, but I'm thinking it's possible to check to see if you were successful in the draw right now.
If you log into your account and click on one of your applications, under the section where it has your payment information, mine now says something like: Amount Due: -$34. Which I think means I didn't draw and that they now owe me $34. I don't remember seeing that before.

Again, hope this doesn't cause more anxiety and frustration for everyone. Just an FYI... lol

Travis

LAST EDITED ON May-01-12 AT 06:59PM (MST)[p]Nice observation and thanks for passing it along. I think you may be onto something.

My elk application is showing a $30 credit and a charge of $61, suggesting I drew for a cow (choices 1 and 2), but not the bull (choice 3), since they charge for the most expensive tag (bull at $91).

Of course all the other species are showing full refund... so maybe it's not REALLY done yet. Right? One can hope or at least speculate wildly.

john

I think you are right,And I got a strikeout,across the board.

As some apps in my family says 0 so I take it they drew...

LAST EDITED ON May-01-12 AT 07:29PM (MST)[p]-760 here
I never looked so I couldn't say one way or the other. But paying up front you would never have a balance due.

LAST EDITED ON May-01-12 AT 07:39PM (MST)[p]-$760 here too. Looks like you figured it out. Now keep a lid on it so we can this do this next year and find out we didn't draw early just as early lol.

Looks like Gila rifle elk for me and the wife and refunds across the board on everything else....either that or I drew everything but elk!

Big thanks for pointing that out...

www.streamflies.com

My oryx app says Amount Due -$1610 and my elk app says Amount Due $0.00. Does that mean the elk wasn't drawn yet?

Well, it seems logical but I don't like to believe it because I am showing a balance of -$355.00. Which would indicate bag Ju-Ju for me.

Well I hope this isn't the case, but then again I do. It's only showing a 0 for antelope and javelina for me... But I put in for a deer hunt that has had leftovers for the past 3 years and its showing -53? If this is the case though my brother drew oryx ibex and javelina!

So, is anybody showing a $0 owe for deer? Because I was pretty confident I would get my 3rd choice because it had leftover tags last year and I'm showing the -$34 balance.

Travis

I just checked mine and it says Deer -$355
Elk 0
I'm a NR so maybe the NR draw is done for deer also. I would be shocked if the Elk o means I pulled a NR archery tag in the Gila.

Bummer, if you guys are correct no deer or ibex for me and no oryx for my daughter. If deer has not been drawn than there still may be a chance because mine now shows a negative number.

Bill

I REALLY hope this back door drawing result tag checking scheme is WRONG!!

But... at least it looks like my youngest son drew an elk tag of some sort...?? Youth VV, 16C youth, or 15 late MZ bull.

Who knows if this is accurate or not. I am a NR and applied for a VERY hard to draw deer tag (Archery 2c in January) and my account says "-$350" which would seem to mean I did not draw and am getting my money back.

I too put in for Gila archery hunts, and figured I had about a 15% chance of drawing and my account says "$0".

So that would mean I drew, but then again there are already a few posters above saying that they put in for Gila archery and also have "0".

I wonder if the elk draw is going on right now, which is why some of them show refund, and some show "0"?

I dont want to get my hopes up....

Well.... my life sucks then if this is the case.lol
Once again no elk for me, 5 yrs straight.

Good luck to everyone.

My nonresident and resident family and friends are mostly showing refunds for elk, although a couple of us are showing zero balances...one nonres buddy who put in for HD/Q first two choices and a standard 3rd choice hunt is showing a refund in the amount of 220 or 230, the difference between the quality and standard hunt.

I am showing negative on all critters with the exception of elk.

www.streamflies.com

LAST EDITED ON May-01-12 AT 09:38PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-01-12 AT 09:25?PM (MST)

I guess if this method of checking IS accurate it doesnt tell me which of my 3 elk choices i did draw...

1st choice:
16A archery 2nd season
2nd choice
16C archery 2nd season
3rd choice
36 archery 2nd season

Seems out of four of us we only draw 3 out of 10 tags. two elk tags dont know what hunt but both are bulls and one speed goat which im hoping is 52. I hope that by chance the deer arent done yet because thats what i really like hunting and makes better jerkey.

Hope it is right.

barbary wife & son
oryx for all 3 of us (maybe offrange though)
deer me
Elk for me, wife and niece.

No complaints here if it is correct.

hmm.... if this is the case I drew for elk but not for deer... and my deer unit usually has left over tags. SOOO.. Maybe they are not done...
Jason

My son and i both have $0 balances for elk. Do i understand correctly, would this mean we were successful in the draw? If so thats 2 NR Gila muzzy tags for us!

If thats true it doesn't look like I drew desert sheep, not that I expected to......but it would have been nice!

Personally i think that some of these NRs (myself included) that are showing "0" on elk are not actually going to draw. Just seems like too many people are drawing gila tags? It will be interesting in a few days to see if any of our accounts show different info on the amount due.

I helped two non-res buddies put in for premier oryx hunts on separate apps. It is saying 0.00 balance for both of them. Did they both draw?? Is that a good hunt? :)

Yeah its for sure not correct! I can assure you guys that this has nothing to do with the draw results.

No way could i draw one of the best elk units in the state 3 years straight!

>No way could i draw one
>of the best elk units
>in the state 3 years
>straight!

Joy of no-bonus point states!

If this method proves right, Gila 2012 here we come. Just need some water this year. Unsuccesful on the 5 others, but elk was the goal. After the great hunt in 34 last year all we want to hunt is elk.

Brushhawg

>Personally i think that some of
>these NRs (myself included) that
>are showing "0" on elk
>are not actually going to
>draw. Just seems like too
>many people are drawing gila
>tags? It will be interesting
>in a few days to
>see if any of our
>accounts show different info on
>the amount due.

Utaumountainman, i was thinking the same, but out of 6 elk apps we have 4 that show refunds. They werent for gila though. Any NR have zero balances for non gila units?

I hope this method is complete BS!!
I'm showing return $$ on both my ibex & sheep apps!

-----------------
DRSS

Brushhawg - No i did NOT draw deer, it shows I am due a refund.

I only put in for the 2c january archery hunt for deer...

>Utah Mtn Man-
>
>Did you draw deer?

LAST EDITED ON May-01-12 AT 11:54PM (MST)[p]If this is correct out of 5 of my bros and dad, my older bro drew rifle bull and he hasent drawn a elk tag in 15 years, my younger bro drew a gila archery elk tag, and all i drew is a ibex tag, i did apply 1st choice with a muzz,2nd-bow, 3rd f/im, so i think it is a bow ibex tag, all in all 3 tags outta 30 apps. Sucks lol

UtahMountain Man might be right.Seems like a lot of NR are pulling Gila tags.
I show 0 for elk so I assumed that I pulled however I put in with out a guide so there were only 1st choice 12 tags

2nd choice 9 tags

3 rd choice 9 tags

LAST EDITED ON May-02-12 AT 00:10AM (MST)[p]Yeah, I would very VERY (pleasantly) surprised if all these HD elk hunts are being drawn. There just are not that many tags given out.

Who knows.

>UtahMountain Man might be right.Seems like
>a lot of NR are
>pulling Gila tags.
>I show 0 for elk so
>I assumed that I pulled
>however I put in with
>out a guide so there
>were only 1st choice 12
>tags 2nd choice 9
>tags 3 rd choice 9
>tags

I was wondering the exact same thing. I've heard of an unbelievable amount of people drawing elk tags in top units, with the exception of me which doesn't suprise me as this will be my 10th consecutive unsuccessful elk application if the fee theory is true. Congrats to all of you that show successful but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this isn't 100% right. I'm just trying to stay optimistic what are your guys thoughts?

LAST EDITED ON May-02-12 AT 01:47AM (MST)[p]idk if this is the case cuz im showing - for all but last year i did not get anything and its showing 0.00 on all hope its not the case cuz if so my life sucks.and the year before i got deer and its showing -34 so idk what to think.

Well I am starting to forget what it is like to hunt in NM, another year since 2007 of nothing. Yup im a resident. Really keeping my fingers crossed this is not legitimate.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

I'm showing refunds for Ibex, Oryx, Bighorn Sheep, Elk, Deer, and Antelope.

Complete strike out.

Utah Where are you getting your #s?On mature bull hunts in the Gila just rifle for units 16a,16b,16c,16d they give 940 tags.
That means 6% would be 56 NR tags.This is not even including archery or muzzle.

264 mag

They all say Pending. Go to Log in and not to Lookup Draw Results. After you log in, go to Big Game Hunt Application and then click on Review on the left side. Then look at Amount Due.

5yearcoueshunter, you sure caused an uproar :). Just when I was content to wait until the evening of the 8th for e-mails, you discover this. The only thing I find suspicious about these "results" is the fact that I have several friends that had put in for deer units that traditionally have leftover tags and are showing refunds. I think this is an indication, but things still might be in the works.

>5yearcoueshunter, you sure caused an uproar
>:). Just when I
>was content to wait until
>the evening of the 8th
>for e-mails, you discover this.
> The only thing I
>find suspicious about these "results"
>is the fact that I
>have several friends that had
>put in for deer units
>that traditionally have leftover tags
>and are showing refunds.
>I think this is an
>indication, but things still might
>be in the works.

Yeah I'm starting to regret posting this. But if anything, I guess I can say it's stirred a lot of excitement. lol I'm with a lot of you, something doesn't seem quite right, especially with the deer. I just hope that for those of you that it appears to be successful, that it's correct. :)

Travis

Don't regret it. All part of the fun. Like trying to get a peek at Christmas presents early when we were kids.

I bet you regret it Travis, Because we will hunt you down if we don't get that Ibex tag that has a zero by my friends App. LMAO

LAST EDITED ON May-02-12 AT 08:24AM (MST)[p]About the backdoor draw results... I just talk to the Dept and they wouldn't deny that there might be some correlation to the refunds or no-refunds in drawing they said that NOTHING has been audited or even verified and what you are seeing is only a representation of the what MIGHT be happening... SOOOO, take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt until you see the posted results or get an email

They are also pulling or just pulled down the system...

SOOO BREATH EVERYONE..

Great! Now it says the system is down for maintenance. I wonder if they're hiding all of this now --- if it was a system glitch.

heheh... I wish... He knew exactly what had happened and was pretty humble about the situation... He was just concerned that the results are not audited or even complete so he felt like he was letting people down by raising or lowering expectation... He is a good guy... I suspect, and this is pure speculation, that this year there has been a true accounting system tied to the results and they didn't expect this to happen...

J
SOOO... Bottom line.. this was a fun little 12 hours but I wouldn't count on ANYTHING... BECAUSE I STILL NEED MY SHEEP TAG....

I'm a non-resident, and put in for Gila elk, deer, oryx, and sheep.

I'm showing refunds (negative amounts due) for elk (so not every NR is showing $0), oryx, and sheep.

For deer, my first and third choice were HD/Q units, but my second choice wasn't. My refund is showing the difference between the HD/Q and regular tag, which makes me think I drew my second choice.

4686imagescab06f8f.jpg

>Well I am starting to forget
>what it is like to
>hunt in NM, another
>year since 2007 of nothing.
>Yup im a resident. Really
>keeping my fingers crossed this
>is not legitimate.
>
>Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean.
>Apologize to No One.

And you were so sure you'd draw a tag because of SB196.
Tell me it ain't so! :)

I'm with ya brother, I hope this "theory" is wrong and we both drew tags!

Eh, I don't know about this system...I had one of them 'leftover' 3rd choices for deer as well, and it shows minus $34. I figured if I drew ANYthing, it would be the crappy deer tag. Right now it shows zero balances for only smelly elk and speedgoats.

I think its all a bunch of hocus pocus...besides, I agree with Jason, I still need my Desert curly horns account settled :)

You still have time to cancel those applications and wait for a refund folks...so I can get my home unit 12 bull tag for sure.....NOT! Good Luck !

Yep, they're just updating all them deer applications for us all now...oh, and of course gettin J's and my sheep accounts straightened up :)

I am betting that what was there, was for the most part "right" except for deer. Shut it down so that they would't get another 100000 calls today.

OK lets look at this realistically. Year before last I drew unit 12 first and only rifle bull elk. i think the odds were about 8%. Last year my first choice was unit 34 rifle bull. Odds were around 4%. This year I drew elk again and my greatest odds were about 8%. so the odds of drawing tags like these 3 years straight are something like .0000000000001% or something dang close. So you tell me! It aint over. Numbers say I didn't draw again and with me the numbers drive not this refund thing.

Just sayin.

they can't post because the draw isn't done. They need to audit each and every successful app for OIL hunts that have been drawn before, harvest reports, etc.

oh heck, i missed all the fun having to take a managerial finance final exam last night...oh well, guess i have to wait until next week again...congrats to those that are looking like they drew...

My mom told me never count your chicks until they have hached! got to go with that cause it did not look good for me or my son
:(

>>Well I am starting to forget
>>what it is like to
>>hunt in NM, another
>>year since 2007 of nothing.
>>Yup im a resident. Really
>>keeping my fingers crossed this
>>is not legitimate.
>>
>>Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean.
>>Apologize to No One.
>________________________________________________
>
>And you were so sure you'd
>draw a tag because of
>SB196.
>Tell me it ain't so!
> :)
>
>I'm with ya brother, I hope
>this "theory" is wrong and
>we both drew tags!
>
>
>
>
>

What can I say man, I am an optimist!

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom