McGregor Barbary Sheep

bowhuntrJLG

I asked the question a few months ago with little response. Thanks to those who did. I will post the question again for the heck of it.

Anyone with experience hunting Barbary Sheep on McGregor Range? My hunt is Dec. 26-27. I have a plan, but having never done this hunt before and am trying to get a better idea of what to expect. Is this a 'shoot the first sheep you see' kind of hunt? Should I expect them to be as hard to find as in Unit 29 or 30?

I have hunted sheep before... just in a different area.

Thanks guys.

If you do not know where to look it can be a very tough hunt. Also it being a short hunt does not help at all.
It being that short, early scouting is a must. To good a tag not to invest the time into some early scouting.
Some huge sheep there dying of old age, but, huge piece of Real Estate, so go early and often.

I agree with NMPaul's advice. Not sure if I replied to your other post but for what it's worth, Brian Locke told me on my Oryx hunt in Jan that they didn't do too good on the Barbary hunts. Said to focus on the Northeast side where they were taking the elk. Good luck!

Ryan

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom