Mcmillan Stocks Delays

I am having a custom rifle build and was wanting to get a Mcmillan stock for it. The gun shop said it could take up to 6 months to get the stock. So I said no problem. That was back in February. Well it's now November an still nothing. I know there are shipping delays but I don't think that Mcmillan is that far behind. Anyone else have any input about how long would be reasonable.

That seems like a little long... I ordered a Mesa Precision last January, they told me 3 months at time of order... I think it ended up closer to 5 months in the end...

You order custom color and inlet? Fastest way to get a McMillan stock is find one of any color and blank in the model you want. Have your smith inlet it and spray paint it if you don’t like the color. What i do,though I haven’t looked at there “in stock “ selection in a while. Will be next year for a build

I'm building rifles and nothing comes quickly. But all of the manufacturers and suppliers have been accurate on their estimates. Barrels are 3-5 months. Stocks 4-7 months. Actions variable too. All have come when promised except a couple of stocks from Stocky Stocks. They lied to me, then would not respond to call or emails and I won't use them again.

I bought my last McMillan a couple years ago and it took 26 weeks from order to delivery. They did keep me informed along the way however. It didn't pass initial QA and it was sent back a few processes to have some fiberglass pitting repaired. The inlet was for a savage 110 with CDI dbm bottom metal. That was a long delay in itself because of the unexpected passing of the owner, Jeff. I love the stock. It fits me great and fit the action nearly perfectly upon installing the first time. Had to file and sand a few edges. They are worth the money and wait.

Jim

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom