Meat Processing

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
So I have decided to make all my finished meat products. I have a 3/4 hp commercial grinder, commercial slicer, powered jerky slicer, dehydrator, freeze drier, electric smoker, Seal A Meal , chamber vacuum sealer , cold canner and 2 pressure cookers.
The grinder didn't load the snack stix casings well and was just plugging up so I bought this sausage stuffer. Has anyone else found out that the grinders didn't work well for them ? It just seems to work for a minute then it emulsifies the
Meat and plugs up. I do think I had enough water mixed in but I watched a couple YouTube videos and they used stuffers. I want to make my own link sausages, brats , snack stix and everything else in my own home. I love Falls Brand Link Sausage but they are 4.40 a lb now. I can buy enough seasoning to make 600 lbs of links for 65.00. Will have to find a good cost for casings for everything next. It is really satisfying and a hobby for me. I plan to make my own mixes eventually.
20231209_152206.jpg

I think I got too greedy and overloaded my smoker. 12 hours now and still not done. I hope it doesn't spoil. 142 ° forever.

There are charts that will show you how long at 142 degrees does the job that just reaching 156 does. Seems like it was around 60-90 minutes. More water may help in avoiding a temperature stall. Should not spoil or cause problems if you used cure.

I stuff off my 3/4 hp grinder. Smallest diameter has been about 2 1/2 inches. Have not tried it with the small diameter stuff, that could present problems as you described.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom