Meat slicer

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
Looking for some help from fellow MM’ers.
The meat slicer I have been using for 25 years is on its last leg. Looking to replace it with something of quality. I order this one from Amazon because it had great reviews.
4EC2BB01-B681-4947-8B14-E4C4156E1C1A.png

Once I inboxed it I was disappointed in how plastic and flimsy it was. Therefore I returned it.

I am looking for a slicer that can handle cutting 15 to 20 lbs of meat at a time for jerky. Want one that’s easy to take apart for cleaning and be made of mostly stainless steel (as little plastic as possible). Blade anywhere from 7” to 10”.
Thanks
Bill

I Don't know which one would work Best For You?

But Cabela's have some Decent Slicers!

They have some for even less money than the ones in the Link I'm Posting!

Are you only looking to do thawed meats like roasts, or frozen meats, cheese, and vegetables also?? From what you are saying, I think you are looking at too light duty slicer, and need to go a little larger. Do you have a Bar&Restaurant Supply anywhere close? They should have a half dozen models to look at, and can explain features for you. Granted, you don't need a multi-thousand dollar one, but you might find a good low cost alternative. Sometimes, good used ones come up on FB Marketplace

My old Rival is about 200 watt, and only has a 6 3/8" blade. It does fine for kitchen use, and I make do with it. I pretty much only use it for jerky, carne asada, or steak sandwiches. I do veggies and cheese in the food processor. If I was to need to replace it, I would look for a 300-400 watt, cast aluminum or stainless model with at least a 9" blade. Preferably chrome plated or teflon coated blade, and easy to clean. I would stay away from the belt-drives, and look for good direct or gear drive. Much easier to clean. They don't have hardly any plastic and will be 30-40#. Don't walk around on the counter in use either. Something in the $300-400 range will be a big step up, and last you forever.

Thank
I would like to stay below $500 if possible, and weight does not matter as long as I can pick it up and put it in the cabinet. Basically I cut slightly frozen meat for jerky, but would like to do more foods if possible.
Thanks

Hope you find just what you're looking for. Might try a search for Weston or LEM machines on the internet catalogs. Have a bunch of friends in Texas that process a lot of deer and hogs, and they all love LEM grinders and slicers.

One thing to make sure of is the grip, or meat grip, has good prongs that won't go too deep into the meat, and damage the blade! I have to be careful with mine because the points are sheet metal, and actually go about a half inch deep thru the final piece of meat.

I have a large LEM grinder and really like it, but a lot of the slicer reviews I read were not good. Maybe I will go back and re-research LEM
Thanks

I have the LEM Big Bite 10" slicer and its a beast and looks to be built well and will last a long time just like they're grinders.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom