Meatloaf and Idaho Baker

Blank

Long Time Member
Tired of shoveling snow and being cold. Wanted something really warm and filling. Meat loaf, BBQ sauce with onion crisps, baked spud and bacon, and honey butter carrots!!

IMG_3872.jpeg

IMG_3875.jpeg

Beautiful car. I don't how you could afford it, flip notwithstanding, with the size of the bacon bits on your potato. ;)

Jeep project got finished, and made a tidy profit on the flip. Got reinvested in one of my dream cars. 1957 Austin Healey 100-6, her name is Elvira!!

View attachment 103176

View attachment 103177
My old man was in the passenger seat of an AH with one of his buddies on his way up to Lake Berryessa outta Napa back in the 60's. They were doing what young guys do, and his buddy ran out of talent in a turn and rolled it. Neither he or my pop were wearing seatbelts and both were ejected, pop breaking his fall into a barbed wire fence. The car slid over 300' on its roof (or lack of).
Both guys walked away from the wreck with cuts and bruises, he says to this day had he not been ejected, he was dead for sure....
Fast forward.
He ends up being an Oakland fireman, and after responding to thousands of auto wrecks, he was always extremely adamant about wearing a seatbelt. It was literally drilled into me as a youngster to wear a belt.
With one exception.
Without fail he would always say," Mikey, always wear your seatbelt, unless you are in one of those goddamn Austin Healy's!!" ?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom