Meeker Co

They are pretty few and far between. There are cabins further east of meeker but nothing really west. I would suggest calling the meeker chamber of commerce.

In 22 unless your huniting with a guide there are not really any cabins that I know of....

There are Motels both in Meeker and Rangley, type in Motels in either of these locations using GOOGLE.com and start calling them.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Moosehead Lodge in Rangely has some cabins but thast about it. They fill fast so book early. Otherwise I am not aware of any cabins out in the unit.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

There was a campground outside Rangely, tent or hookups if needed. Forget how much it was per day. cheaper than a room though.

bathrooms and showers.

Just east of Meeker, along the river is a place, I think it is called the Green Cabins...you'll find their info on the Chamber's website...I think.

You better book now.
John 14:6

LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-14 AT 10:33PM (MST)[p]Can't help you. Wish I could.

Are you a res or non res? How many points did it take to draw. Please take us along on your hunt. Take pics. Share them. Good luck. Kill a nice buck. ( I'm assuming you have the deer tag).

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

I had four points going in, the least of the four in our party,
check points then had 5, son had 7 then 8, we knew we didn't draw. But when they re drew, we were drawn. Non Res. Order maps, been on goggle. We like to hike, so I think we will have a decent chance, to kill a nice buck.

I had 5 and didn't get drawn! I thought Colorado avg everyone down to the lowest party member number? So if you had a 4, your party was a 4? I don't know if that's correct or not? anyone shed some light on it?

Thanks in advance?

1st off congrats to everyone who drew lucky chits!
My question I have is, I thought Colorado was a straight up point state where an 8 beats a 7, 6 beats a 5, etc... Or at least I was thinking it was that way. Which my thinking gets you about as far as a tinkers damn, but I was just curious. Again to those of you who drew, kill a monster!

I was thinking of reserving a cabin at the rustic lodge right there in meeker but decided to drag a trailer out instead! I have never stayed there or known anyone who has, but they have a couple small a frame cabins and some larger cabins for pretty good deals!

http://www.meekerrusticlodge.com/

That's what I thought, but we drew I had four points. Just got lucky, I guess. That's what I was thinking stay at Rustic Lodge, not sure yet, I like camping more. Hope we get snow, still will fun to go, where you have never hunted before.

>I had 5 and didn't get
>drawn! I thought Colorado
>avg everyone down to the
>lowest party member number?
>So if you had a
>4, your party was a
>4? I don't know
>if that's correct or not?
>anyone shed some light on
>it?
>
>Thanks in advance?

Yes, parties are averaged down to the lowest applicant, but even if they didn't apply as a group, the poster still claims that he drew with 4 points. That is wrong one way or another. Colorado is a pure PP state and no one with the same residency status should draw with 4 points when you failed with 5. Luck is only a factor when the points are equal. Check the recaps and summaries to see if anyone drew with 4 points. If so, you need to make a phone call. Something's not right.

>>I had 5 and didn't get
>>drawn! I thought Colorado
>>avg everyone down to the
>>lowest party member number?
>>So if you had a
>>4, your party was a
>>4? I don't know
>>if that's correct or not?
>>anyone shed some light on
>>it?
>>
>>Thanks in advance?
>
> Yes, parties are averaged down
>to the lowest applicant, but
>even if they didn't apply
>as a group, the poster
>still claims that he drew
>with 4 points. That is
>wrong one way or another.
>Colorado is a pure PP
>state and no one with
>the same residency status should
>draw with 4 points when
>you failed with 5. Luck
>is only a factor when
>the points are equal. Check
>the recaps and summaries to
>see if anyone drew with
>4 points. If so, you
>need to make a phone
>call. Something's not right.

I took a minute and checked. 67 NRs drew 3rd season, unit 22. Of the applicants, 134 had 6 PPs or more, 56 had 5. What you can't tell is how many of the applicants with those points applied for 1st choice. 2nd choice basically doesn't count. If I was you, I'd call. Like I said, if someone drew with 4 and you failed with 5, it's a screw-up and should be corrected.

So I checked the recaps and 67 nonres were drawn like you said Cohntr62, and that doesn't even touch the people with 5 points. So I called Eric at pref points and draws for CPW, he looked it up and said no with less than 6 points was drawn for a 3rd season buck tag in 22! So now I'm really confused! oh well whata ya gonna do...

Chasemike get out there and kill a dandy!

>I had four points going in,
>the least of the four
>in our party,
>check points then had 5, son
>had 7 then 8, we
>knew we didn't draw. But
>when they re drew, we
>were drawn. Non Res. Order
>maps, been on goggle. We
>like to hike, so I
>think we will have a
>decent chance, to kill a
>nice buck.

Chasemike you might want to check your preference points it should look loke this just to be sure.

DEER SUCCESSFUL LIMITED LICENSE FOR 1ST CHOICE: DM022O3R 6 0 2014

I got a education from you guys. Three guys got drawn, we are going to Colo. I never look just assume the whole party drew. Camp ##### I guess, still fun to go. My son is hunting, so all good, more time to enjoy a beer.

Found out what happen. called fish and game, I forgot to put in as a party group. So the rest of the crew drew, if I had done it right they would not of drawn. So the way I see it they owe me something, not sure what. Mike

Have fun anyway! I hunted 4th season there a couple years ago. Saw some pretty good bucks, although no hawgs. Pray for snow!

>Have fun anyway! I hunted
>4th season there a couple
>years ago. Saw some
>pretty good bucks, although no
>hawgs. Pray for snow!
>
>
>__________________________________
>There are two kinds of people
>without
>beards - boys and women.
>I am neither.

I'm just looking for a pretty good buck, if i would find a hawg that would be a bonus. Hopefully there will be snow, it could be tough with the full moon.

I was just up there, those cabins are the Green Cabins. I stayed there in a tent. Tis about 5 miles, east, from CO Highway 13 on the river road.
John 14:6

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom