Meindl?

accubond

Has anybody tried the Cabela's Winter 800 hunting boot by Meindl? If so what were the pros and cons?

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

I have not tried them.. but I have a pair of the Perfect Hunters & Meindl makes an awesome boot I am sure u wont go wrong with them

Thank you very much for the response. I went to Cabela's (I live in Minnesota) the other day to try them on and it turns out they don't carry them in the store. They told me they can order a pair in for me to try but I will do that when I know I will be going there again.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

I own a pair of Denalis. What I would say about them in general: very well made boots that will last for years. Are pretty rigid, so not the best for just casual hiking/ hunting in flat country. The best I have found for rigid ankle support/hiking in steep country.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I have had 2 pairs of the regular Meindl's and have been very happy. The soles seem to wear a bit quicker than a Vibram sole but they fit my feet. I have high arches and have trouble with other boots. I still use the first pair for hikes near the house and snowshoeing. Just clean them occasionaly and treat them with water proof and they should last a long time.

Thanks for the responses guys. I have heard they are a little stiff but I have an uppe end pair Danners and they feel like having a dish rag wrapped around you ankles so I'm looking for a little more support. I was also looking at the Kenetreks but heard they are even stiffer than the Meindls. Thanks again for taking the time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom