Mid America Hunting Association?

2lumpy

Long Time Member
I've finally accumulated a few points for Kansas (5) and Iowa (2) and starting to research deer hunt options. Have any of you folks had any experience with the Mid America Hunting Association? They advertise private land access in Kansas, Missouri, and Iowa via an association membership of $1,500 per year.

I'm not much of an archer so a rifle, shotgun or muzzleloader are more my thing. Not hung up on DYI, semi-guide, or guided, I've done them all and each has it's benefits.

Not looking for a guaranteed deal however, I've learned your can't take home a mature animal if your hunting where they don't exist. Unfortunately I have a trust factor issue when it comes to booking a hunt without reliable references, been down that bumpy road. Hence my inquiry.

Just trying to turn over a few rocks so any and all suggestions and/or recommendations would be appreciated.

Tks, DC

D.C.

Two things you need to know if you don't already is that Kansas has changed the dates for applications and the second thing I was told was that Kansas has more than their share of unscrupulous guides. The person I talked to was not very complimentary of any of the ones around Marysvale, KS.

2 lumpy,

I've been a member of MAHA for about six years and a member of Hunting Sports Plus for about 4. Both lease land in MO, KS, IA and HSP has some leases in IL, NE, SD & WI. Both have a reservation system with differing rules. Basically you have tresspass rights to a farm or section of a farm. When you join, both send you, or make available to you the maps showing where the farm is located. With MAHA you must go to Google Earth or other site and download aerials. With HSP the aerials and topos are on their site. With HSP you must make a harvest report (on line or by phone) for each days hunt reporting what game you saw and what you harvested. You can view on line all of the harvest reports for every farm. MAHA doesn't have harvest reporting.

Rooke (to monster mulies ...a little experience with whitetails and turkeys)

Rooke,

Not trying to hijack this thread but I am a relatively new member of MAHA and was curious what your thoughts are with regards to how MAHA compares to HSP? Do you think one is clearly better than another with regards to property, rules, etc? PM me if you prefer as I would really be interested in discussing this with you further. I am relatively new to whitetails but not to mulies and I may be able to help you from that perspective in return.

Muleydoc

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom