Minimum Age To Hunt ?

B

BruinBreath

Was wondering what the minimum age to hunt big game is in your state. Here in Colorado it is 12 years old. Can't wait to take my little one hunting !

LAST EDITED ON Aug-20-04 AT 11:30AM (MST)[p]Here in Arizona, it is age 10. You must take hunters safety and you have to be exactly 10 years old by the time the class is done in order for it to be valid! When my daughter did it hubby did it again with her, as it had been years for him. They went two nights a week for two to three hours for six weeks I do belive! Its a great course, and I belive certified for any state! Age 10 is for any big game hunting. I am pretty sure for quail etc, no age. It is just wise that they know the safety of a gun etc I could be wrong! My 12 year old daughter had the class right at ten, and my son will do it this fall. He is so excited to go on his first archery deer hunt this December, he can hardly wait!!
Its so awesome when the whole family gets to participate weither it be for hunting or just being out in the woods, its some of the best times that we share!!!
JstMe

Here in Texas on private land, it's old enough to look through a scope of a rifle rested on a box blind window. On what little public land we have it's 8 years old.

Phantom Hunter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom