Minox Question

bigbrink,

Its difficult to say how Minox compares to other upper end glass from my experience. I once owned a Minox 8x32 BD BR. It was an impressive binocular. Fit and finish were excellent. The focus was silky smooth. The quality was very evident and the image was impressive as well. I would compare it to the Pentax SP line. I wear glasses and there wasnt enough eye relief. This alone kept these from being ideal for me.

From what I have read, Minox generally doesnt offer an impressive field of view with many of their models. Some would exclude them from the best because of this. Eye relief seems limited on the models I have looked at as well.

Hope this helps

I have owned an older BD10x42BR and now own a BD8x32BR ASPH. Both were very good binos. The 10x42s were my first good bino and they served me well for many years. They are still in use by my good huntin buddy.

I picked up the BD8x32BR ASPH a few years ago. They are honestly my favorite bino. I also own a Vortex Razor 10x42 that is terrific, I just like the smaller and more compact design of my little 8x32.

Their APO is supposed to be amazing glass. I personally compared the 10x HG to my old 10x BDBR and could not tell any difference to speak of. That is why I went to the Razor. I could definitely tell a difference between them. That said, I was looking through a store demo model and it may not have been a good representation of the HG line. Many like the HG better than the Razor, Euro (Meopta made for Cabelas), and similar binos.

The APO is supposed to be comparable to the big 3 IIRC. Haven't looked through them though.

I bought my buddy some BV10x42BRs just a month or so ago. Nice glass for not a lot of money. FWIW, I think that Minox manufactures some really good binos that compete well in their respective price classes.

FH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom