Minox vs Vortex

earthman

I am in the market for new binos and toyed with the idea of top 3 euro glass...but budget and all that i am reading is telling me maybe i am not ready for that. I have been looking at the Minox HG 10x43 BR asph and the Vortex Razor 10x42. Does anyone have experience with the Minox and the rangefinding ability of it...not sure i understand how it works and if it gets you to within 15,25,50 or 100 yards. I like the concept of the Minox but i like the doubler and tripod adaptor on the vortex...I know those should not be the reason, but from the reviews the glass seems pretty close on both of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

"It's all part of the experience Clarke"

I bought a pair of the Vortex for my Dad and a pair of the Minox for myself. The size difference is pretty substantial. The Minox are a lot smaller and lighter. Optically, I can't see much if any difference, but I am not an expert. Warranty is better with the Vortex. After testing my binocs and his Vortex, my Dad now has a pair of the Minox 10x52's which come in at very close to the same size as the vortex razor 10x42's. Both of us just like the feel of the Minox. They feel solid to me compared to the Vortex.

After looking at them and holding both, I would say, get the ones that you like the feel of best. I love the size of the Minox vs. the Vortex. That is my biggest thing.

The rangefinding capability on the minox is out to 50 yards on the 10x43's---so to me is sort of useless since I am not a bowhunter. It seems to work though. When the object you are looking for comes into focus, you look at the dial and it tells you how far away it is.

I have never talked to somebody who is real happy with the "doubler" ability on a pair of binocs. I think if you are serious about spotting, you are a lot better off with a compact scope. I bought the Leupold 15-30x50 spotting scope and am going to try it in conjunction with my Minox this season.

Hope this helps!!

Shane

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom