Missoula Area Hunt Advice

• Thread starter Dmanmastertracker
  • Start date
D

Dmanmastertracker

I've been to Missoula a few times, but am not a local. I am planning an archery deer hunt based out of Missoula this year, I should be drawn for the deer/ elk combo 2nd year. I am taking the wife and making a vacation out of it, do a little sightseeing, etc.. I would appreciate any info on the closest archery whitetail hunting to Missoula that can be found. Will be heading over mid September.

Thanks

Most of the good archery hunting close to town for whitetail is private land. I've lived in the area my entire life and mainly just hunt elk in archery season and wait until November to hunt deer during rifle season.
There are some good block management areas though where you could get on some nice deer, most will be out of town quite a ways though.

Closest decent area would be maybe in the Ninemile area. Lots of FS land and plenty of whitetail.

Thanks, did see some BMA's towards Potomac that look promising, as well as down toward Drummond. I remember seeing a ton of nice whitetail between Missoula and Great Falls on 200 last time I was over. Looks like I'll need to drive out a good hour from Missoula.

Had me going there for a while, dmastertracker is from Montana and a couple years ago moved to AK, I thought this was a joke, but I see the handle is dMANmastertracker. . .

Anyhow heard from dmastertracker lately?

Tony

Never met him T. On a side note, What do you think of the Nikon Coolpix P80?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-09 AT 10:11AM (MST)[p]I'm not sure, i have not shot that "all-in-one" camera. I did find a good number of very good user reviews on the camera. Read them here:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinions.asp?prodkey=nikon_cpp80

Just saw this on costo.com

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11288083&cm_mmc=BCEmail_376-_-FOCUS-_-25-_-NikonP80

www.tonybynum.com

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

Thanks. I have the Kodak Z712 right now and might upgrade this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom