Mistakes in Booklet??

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Hearing that there were several mistakes in the Booklet, I remember noticing that the NE Elk hunt number was changed from 410 last year to 305 this year.

Was this a mistake? Thanks!!

Joey

The hunt code changes for elk are not a mistake (at least I have not found the mistakes yet). Several hunts were changed from either-sex to bull and antlerless hunts (separate hunts). In most instances new hunt codes were assigned for the new hunt (bull or antlerless). Since there have been and are lots of different elk hunts throughout the years numbers starting with 3 such as 305 instead of 404 were assigned (basically we were out of three digit codes starting with 4). There are probably a few errors in the booklet there are every year. The cause of the delay was due to printing, it is not printed at Fish and Game but instead an outside contractor. Since this requires a contract and the state department which does contracts was anything but speedy it delayed it. Seems most contracts are getting delayed or returned due to various reasons that did not seem to exist in previous years. Basically in my view the state is trying not to spend any money regardless of where it comes from or even to the point that it will end up losing money for various Departments.

good luck

Joe

Joe, Thank You! It's very nice that someone with Fish and Game visits this site and responds to questions as you do!!

Joey

Not that it's a big deal to me, but there is conflicting refund if you apply for a premimum deer tag or points only information. Page 16 says no refunds after you apply starts July 1, after the draw is complete. Page 7 says none if you apply. Page 14 questions say you can get a refund...

I'm doing a D as a third choice, but??? I assume they aren't giving you one this year if you apply premium/points, but the book gives conflicting answers.

Hell, I have not even received the Booklet yet, now that is what frosts my rear. Some woman told me two weeks ago that I would get the booklet on Tuesday the 18th and here it is 22nd and still nothing.

Brian
xvvgp.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom