MM members you've met

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10 AT 11:43AM (MST)[p]I know some of you guys know each other outside of Monster Muleys and lots of you have met members as a result of spending time on this site. I have met a few in person and it's always fun to put a name and face together.

So tell us who you have actually met in person from MM as a result of this website. And tell us your impressions.

I have met:

nvnative79 - top notch guy that I have since gone sheep hunting with and have become good friends with. Have also met his wife who is a very nice gal who hunts.

kilowatt - met for lunch when he was traveling through going on a scouting trip for antelope. Real nice guy. Not as old as I expected. :)

AZstickman - bought me dinner just last night as he was in town for work. Very nice guy and we had an interesting visit. He makes way cool sounding bows.

D13er - What an a$$hole! He talks big on here but he's really about 5'3" and weighs maybe 145 pounds. Nerdy looking guy with tape on his glasses and a pocket protector. :) Seriously, a nicer guy than anyone here would believe. He came through last summer and actually delivered a motorcycle he had bought at my request in Bakersfield. Brought a truck load of fresh produce too. He had his son with him and we visited for a while before he continued on his "Tour of Nevada Cathouses and remote bars"

Have never met 1911 in person but have sent texts and have seen his spare jammies in his closet when I visited fireball77 while he was in Kona. Oooops, did I actually type that? Seriously, have not met either one in person but have chatted and texted enough to know they are definitely on my list to meet.

edit:

Forgot a couple
dwalton - very nice guy who came to a Bighorns fundraiser after meeting on MM. Seemed too young to have hunted as much as he has.

COSA - another great guy met on MM when he had a sheep tag. After that we had his chocolate lab, Reggie, breed my wife's chocolate lab. Also an avid young hunter who looked to be in spring-steel physical condition.

Hope I didnt forget any others. There are also a few I knew before MM.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10 AT 12:09PM (MST)[p]NVBighorn Threatened to use his local connections to get me thrown in the hoosegow if I didn't pick up the dinner tab last night.... not knowing what the heck a hoosegow is I decided to pony up.... Seriously I'd definitely share a campfire with carl anytime, hope to get the chance one of these days...... AZ Elk are one heck of a hunt...hint :)

AlwayzbhuntinWorked with Nate in the Hunt of a Lifetime program. I've also had the pleasure of sharing a campfire with him and hope to get the opportunity to do so again.

Don MartinThey don't come any better than Don....We've worked together in the Hunt of a lifetime program and will be hunting a few miles apart during the archery Elk season coming up hopefully it works out where we can meet up.

LuckyHad the pleasure of sharing a campfire with Matt and hope we can do a repeat..... One heck of a goat caller...

D13er Once you get over the tape on his glasses and a pocket protector he's one heck of a nice guy showed me some great CA hunting country. Look out when he says hold my beer and watch this.

Terry

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10 AT 04:03PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10 AT 04:02?PM (MST)

Ain't never gonna remember them all,so all of you I forgot you can jump me on it!

I've met just about all the ladies except Preddy(Ya I know I screwed that up last Fall when I went to Colorado)That day is comming!

I've met:
TripleK
FireBall77
QTPIE
AWLB
BacDoc
Cowslayer
onewetboot
Adamsoa
LowCountryElk
10r
Daxter
Drymountain
D13er
fatbantyrooster
NeverEnough
isayNUNYA
Prism
Proutdoors or was it hoytme?
Roy
rutnbuck
slamdunk
southslope82
stinkystomper
TAG
Utahelk1
utfireman
VelvetJones
woodruffhunter & Wife
YELLUM a few times

Damn it!
How'd I forget cjboz?
I'm sure there's more!

Ya My memory is short,Chime in,I ain't forgot a few of you I just can't remember everybody I've met.

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10 AT 02:05PM (MST)[p]I've never met any of you plicks :)

edit
I have talked to some of you by PM and email and you guys have always been nice to me and helpful..Thanks to you guys!

I met Hunt_Rez a couple years ago....I did my time and am now only on house arrest. He had it coming!!

Steve

I met Bobcatbess, Punk, Pro, Prism, Coyslayer and maybe a few others at the Expo in 2009. I have not met B-Bop-a-louie though:)

Easy Wisz!}>}>}>

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10 AT 04:11PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10 AT 04:09?PM (MST)

Mine's a pretty short list,

TheKnack: I hunted geese with him once and sat through a MDF banquet also. He's pretty hard core about hunting the right way. He'd go way out of his way to help a friend.

Stalker: He Doesn't post much anymore but his Taxidermy shop is right across the street from the research center. His work has really gotten good. I keep an eye out during hunting season for clients bringing heads in. As soon as I see one I'm in the mule and over there.

Jims: We work for the same employer and met him on campus a long time ago.

Some day I'm going to meet and hunt with Lve2143

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10 AT 06:16PM (MST)[p]Well I have met a number of MM guys none of the ladies yet. Guess the very first one I met was back in 2000:

GONHUNTIN': Mark was a nice young guy I met in Battle Mtn and we talked about the area around there.

USAHUNTER: Talked w/Bill on the phone and gave me some tips. He actually drove over to see me that hunting season when he was hunting in Idaho too. Great guy to meet.

MAGNUM MULIES: Met David at his home in Marbleton back in 2003, saw his collection of racks and his "home system" for his website MagnumMulies that he use to have. Great guy and met his wife too.

LONGUN: Met Mike and his family one year after the guys I was hunting with left for home. Mike & I hunted one day and he shot a "decent" 4x4 but his wife did not think so..LOL They invited me to stay for dinner that night. Great folks to know.

D13er: What can I say here that everyone else does not already know. JB & I met the first time back in 2004 when I was in B-town for the Drags. He took time off of work and drove out to see me and had a great time and got to know him. He is a big friendly guy and fun to be around.

FRITZ: We exchanged emails and PM's for quite some time before I finally was able to meet him at his work place in Elko. Great guy and knows a lot of the NV hunting. SHEEP is his addition too.

NVMDF: Finally met Shon back in 2005 and he took me around the area for my upcoming deer hunt that year...great young man and LOVES to hunt. Rock solid body from climbing them Rubies all the time.

FATROOSTER: Met Drew that same time too as I did Shon and even met his future wife and M.I.L. at lunch one day. We stay in touch and both Drew and Shon and I have met for dinner at STARS, where else is there..LOL.

SHEEPSHOOTER: Met this young guy Steve who lived not too far from where I do here back about 5 years or so ago. Great guy who too loves to sheep hunt too.

PAUL CRAWFORD: Met up with Paul the first time back in COLO when we went there to hunt with OTC Elk tags in 2006. Now them boys he hunts with can DRINK SOME BEER...LOL Great guy.

BERTO: Met up with Berto and his family when they use to live in Helena, MT back about 2006 I think it was. Had a nice visit in their home. They have since moved to ALASKA.

BIGBULL1: Met Ed the first time in Reno at a MDF show as he was there with Eberlestock Inc. Met him later again in at another Sports Show in CA. Great guy to know.

LIK2HNT: Met Bill the first time about 4 or 5 years ago right here in my town turns out he lives about 1/2 mile from me. Know his F.I.L. too and have talked with him a number of times. In fact, he took me Turkey Hunting one time, great guy and hard worker.

EELGRASS: Steve and I finally met up in Elko at STARS BACK IN 2007 on our way to WYO for our Antelope hunt. We had rooms in the same Motel that trip, but he was in one hunting area and I was in another area but got our Lopes about the same time. We have talked a few times on the phone too. I even found his PU back in 2006 when we had deer tags in NV. Would have liked to seen his face when he got back to his PU after his guided hunt and found my business card on his mirrow. He was parked on private grounds but I had the combination to the lock to go to the back side of the rubies to hunt.

NVBIGHORN: Took some time to finally meet up with Carl but he took my friend and I to a place for lunch that was really nice and not some "greasy spoon" joint...BUT I had to pay or he would turn me in to the local LE on some trumped up charges. That is what happens when you get into Politics...LOL...j/k Carl. Great guy but a lot older than I thought he was..

RANSOM: Met up with Dana the first time about 3 years ago right here in our town, he lives on the west side and I am on the N/E side. Have had breakfast a number of times with him and all around great guy to know. Knows his Genealogy and spits the knowledge out about who they are and how he is related. And inviting us to his home on Kona earlier this year shows his kindness to a bunch of guys (MM'ers) who he hardly knew and what we were like.

1911: Met this LE dork this past March in Kona. Turns out he is not a dork but worse....j/k Brandon. Really a nice guy and funny...but the jokes got to go south.

SWEDE: Met his friend and parnter LE guy on this trip too and Jed was another great person to know and fish with on the trip.

GRIDMAN: Met Pat on this trip too and he is a very close friend of RANSOM's and was great to be around on the trip.

HORNADDITION: First met Kevin back in 2007 in So. COLO on our 4th season Elk hunt. Kevin is a great young man and raising his daughter by himself and working too. Hope to meet up with him again soon one of these hunting seasons.

FOREMAN4X4: Met up with this gentleman back in 2008 I think it was at the CABELA'S store in Lehi as I had two or three boxes of old magazines I wanted to get rid of and he wanted them. He is in LE too I think or was packing that day anyhow...LOL Nice guy.

There are others that I have tried to met up with but never could make the timing connect, still time to met them all.

Sakomag, BESSY, Bucksnort, Hardman, REDDOG, KKK, Lil Red, ROY, COSA, DWalton and so many more. None that I have met that I did not like and could spend time around a campfire with them talking.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10 AT 06:03PM (MST)[p]DAMN...HOW could I have forgot you Mike and your dad and that was only two years ago...LOL

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I know you are Wisz!}>}>}>

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10 AT 07:15PM (MST)[p]The only one I've met is Kilowatt. We tried to eat all the food at the Star in Elko, but we fell short. Brian has a photographic memory. He also knows every good place to eat from the Pacific Ocean to Denver, CO. I'm a young 61, so Brian is kind of a father figure.

I also know Deadred707, but I think he's mad at me.

Edit: Roy doesn't know it, but we've met.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10 AT 07:47PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10 AT 07:10?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10 AT 07:09?PM (MST)

Kilowatt - A great guy and fun to have on a fishing trip plus the fact that he went to high school with my great grandfather which is pretty neat.

Lesgo54 - I have hunted and fished with Danny in 2 states. Great guy and family man but he sure talks funny.

1911 - I knew him before him and D13er were arrested for beating the chit out of Zigger.

D13er - Same as 1911.

Gridman - I helped raise that knucklehead.

The Swede - Great fisherman, hunter and family man.

Gilamonster - Met him on the Arizona Strip long ago when I caught him poaching.

FishLakeCowElkHunter - Great guy but way too busy to login to MM.

"Kilowatt - A great guy and fun to have on a fishing trip plus the fact that he went to high school with my great grandfather which is pretty neat."

Somebody call the fire department.....Kilo just got BURNED!! LMAO!!

Steve

lets see.
Quinn = Typical_hunter
Travis = Mule Packer
Travis B = Black predator
Todd B = Blanding Boy
D Martin = Don Martin
Bill M = BMiddlebrook
The next four don't remember their MM handle
Joel=
Dave N =
Matt G =
Josh N=
10 out several thousand I need to step it up. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Lets see if I can remember-

Jenn-

BobcatBess-

1911-

Slammy-

and a few others at the Shows last year.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Hmmm!

Slam, Pro, Stink, Qtip (can't remember what her face looks like)several others in the field... too many to mention.

Slick

Seeing as my truck is the Traveling Billboard for monstermuleys.com......with the big M&M.com decals on each side....

I have met many M&M faithful in Wyo, Az, Nv and Utah while out hunting or getting supplies/fuel.

Every now and then when I am up in Wyo. I get an ass chewing and asked if I am that Founder guy.....ha......

I have met a lot of the M&M types and helped out just about as many.

Hey Chris---more like year 3 on the no come over gig!! We-3 are back up there this year if you are in the area!

Robb

I HAVE MET RANSOM/OVERTON/PLICK OR WHAT EVER HIS NAME IS TODAY. GOOD GUY. CANT SHOOT WORTH A CHIT BUT FUN TO BE AROUND. AND IM STILL WAITING ON T HE FISH U PROMISED ME. PLICK

Seems like a lot of you guys use this place as a dating site!:)

I know a few people one here that I met before this site came about. Seem to be making a couple friends here and there and talk or text from time to time.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-10 AT 03:10PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-10 AT 03:05?PM (MST)

Hmmm

TripleK & HaydenShedHead - had the misfortune of growing up with them.

Also know bonepiler quite well and have met Bobcatbess and had quite a few phone converstations with justr86.

Just found out that I know Thunderclapper from back in High School and there are quite a few others from I am sure I know from the Basin as well, like JakeH. I am sure I met him back then too when we were kids. For sure I know his cousins and family.

I did meet Founder and Browtine once at the Expo in '99 but at the time I didn't know they were Browtine and Founder and they didn't know I was Roy, so not sure if it counts. I think Moosie might have been hanging around there too, but didn't really get formally introduced.

Still have plans to get all the Texas MMer's together sometime for a BBQ. Maybe we can get 202Typical to bring his mobile smoker pit and cook up some brisket and ribs for us all and we can make a weekend out of it. Get LV2143, txhunter, cjboz and any other Texas MM'ers to come out and have a blast.

EDIT - Oh yes Eel - I knew I had met you. Just didn't want others to know that I had actually associated with the lowest form of turtle hunter out there - even if it was only as you were trying to do your best peeping tom imitation into my turtle blind. Knew it had to be you! That kind of stuff gets around though and it can ruin a good turtle hunter's reputation!! (HA HA HA! -Actually hoping to get up your way one of these falls and have you take me out on a Brandt hunt.)

EDIT - Also hoping to meet slickRUS this week maybe. Will be in Cedar tomorrow and Friday. Tried to send a PM but it is disabled - you will have to PM me!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10
>AT 06:03?PM (MST)

>
>DAMN...HOW could I have forgot you
>Mike and your dad and
>that was only two years
>ago...LOL
>
>Brian
>http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

See my comment about you being older than I thought. hahahaha

Founder - always say hi at the shows
Browtine - always see him at cabelas and wal-mart
Slam - I try not to intimidate him at Gold's
Stinky - Met for a minute, seemed cool
pro - met for a minute, seemed cool
Hornyman - Good friend, knew him long before MM
UT1031 - I hear he's an awesome hunter
NvrEnuf - his company is a client of mine
Ducksnbucks - see him at antlerfest every year
Sneakattack - hunted together last year
Yellum - always see larry at the shows
Prism - got me into Vortex optics and real glassing
CSO - cool guy
Cowslayer - bought optics from him, good dude
Torch - met at antlerfest
Moosie - Took me bear hunting and shot a monster, awesome dude
Bobcat....oh wait, that was just a random crazy homeless guy...

Met these and more, hung out with a few, hunted with others. The wife always laughs when I go on my MM hunting dates......

-----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-10 AT 04:55PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-10 AT 04:45?PM (MST)

Well I've only "met" one MM'er but he isn't likely to "remember" the occurence - at least not in any way that I could justifiably count on in a court of law. Those 4AM traffic stops don't always get reported and according to legal representation, judges are more inclined to believe the opinion of a LEO over the son of an illegal alien migrant worker.

Other than that, I wouldn't ever claim that I have ever been acquainted with many of the folks on here, though I think some of them may have very well burned a cross on my lawn a few months back (you know who you are KillerKlansmen! - see if you can find my place now and dare step foot in this barrio "ese").

As for the rest of you, - you have seen me around but in your racist view of this world, I don't really exist, I am just a shadow so you don't notice me, but count on this - I am watching you.

?Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by the sense of touch, because everyone can see, but only a few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are, and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion.? Niccolo Machiavelli

So Homie?
Did 1911 Hammer your Ass or what's eatin on ya?
'son of an illegal alien migrant worker',huh?
So'd you get legalized?

HomoJ, you crack me up. :)

I forgot one other MMer that I have met. Sancho He and I met once as he was coming out of my backyard. Weird fella but friendly.

I only know htnfool. Hadn't had the misfortune of running into anyone else from here. I'd like to meet Homie though. He's about as square and dry as they come, but he's better than twopups or hunt-lez. I guess us Colorado boys are going to have to start a dating service so we can have a bunch of friends like you Utards.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-10 AT 10:34PM (MST)[p]Sonofthesouth
HuntSonora
Slammy and his bro
Tabbyhunter
Thefever
Rugarm77
Stinky and Qtip
Swbuckmaster
Obsessed35
Backcountrybuck
Founder
Antlerick
AWLB
Prism

All great people in my eyes...and if I forgot someone sorry dude!! :)

...and for the record, I've NEVER I repeat NEVER been to anyone's secret clubhouse!!

~Z~

antlerrick too!

AWHOLELOTTABULL- Great guy saw him at a show and ran the race for the cure with him. Megan rocks !!!

Foundation- Grew up with him, he was my best man 17 years ago and still one of my best buds. He also bought me a horse, lol This guy is a huntin fool !!!

1911- Been cleaning up his messes for a couple years now.

Prism- Had the pleasure of talking to him at the Race with AWB.

Alpinebowman- MM race for the cure.

Founder-------- NO comment,,,,,, lmao !!!!

TheFever- I ran into him on the mountain (first time) on the archery hunt in the rain. He invited me and my buddy by his fire. Great guy !!

The Swede- Same as 1911.

CSO- Nice guy, talked to him at one of the shows he was working at the Vortex booth.

Nevercatch- Very cool guy !! Took him to my clubhouse. LMAO !! You earned it !!

Rug that's it lmao!! You've put me against a corner and...lol...I'm now sharing the video you emailed me, with all of MM, of the morning after you guys finding the secret clubhouse...lolololol!!

~Z~

Closest I've been was exchanging hunting and fishing pics with TagEater.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
square-large-sec.gif

never_catch- Ummmmmmm.....that's wierd......."what does it mean?"

Rug + never_catch= DOUBLE RAINBOW!!

Steve

There are a few other guys here that I think would be cool to meet and fun to hunt with.
Bess seems like a nice guy, funny.
Rug seems like a good guy, he's a good sport for all the crap I been giving him over the "secret clubhouse" and funny too.
Wiz there never seems to be a dull moment with him around.
Feleno, I think my sides will hurt from laughing so much.
Tagattracter seems like a hell of a nice guy and I wanna check out his race truck.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Yup REDDOG,
One more on the 'forgot em list'
He even lives here,well sometimes.
Chalk AyA & Sancho up!

Those I've actually met and/or know:

BOWUNTR: Known for years.....fellow measurer and CBH board member whose knuckles drag on the ground.

BigPig: Our newest member to the CBH board.....met him at a CBH measurer course I was teaching a few years back. Took off from there. Besides being totally bald at his young age, he's alright. :)

JDH: Met Jeremy years ago when I brought in a Kaibab non-typical to a taxidermy shop.....we've hooked up a few times and even shared a camp once. Good guy with a nice family.

Deerbedead: Travis is a good ol' UT boy that knows his stuff......and a heck of a taxidermist, IMO. Nice guy with a friendly behavior trait.

Midnight: Met Gary at the last P&Y Convention in Denver......nice guy who loves the outdoors.

JERKEE: Met Brandon on my Goodale Hunt in Ca a few years back......good kid with an exceptional amount of knowledge on that herd.

There's probably a few more that I'm leaving out.......sorry, I'm getting old! :)

BOHNTR )))---------->

WTF Bess! You know damn well we met! Or did you forget? HAHA

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/nv_hunter/nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif[/IMG]

Actually, I've only met one: Kilowatt. Good guy. Helps me out with computer stuff!! He needs to work on his beer drinking skills, though. lol.... PC

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-10 AT 03:45PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-10 AT 03:44?PM (MST)

I was gonnna meet Wiszard this past weekend at Tahoe during the FP softball tournament his girl was in. Not knowing what he looked like, I asked him to describe himself.
So, he tells me that he will meet me in the parking lot and will be wearing horn rimmed glasses and some really cool suspenders.

He's a lot younger than I envisioned. Nice enough guy, but, kinda creeps me out.

unny-random-photos-5t-12.jpg

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Well at least those damned suspenders are keeping his pubes from showing!

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

Hdude, Lil' Jimmy wants his share!

eel, im begining to think rans didnt even go to alaska. he is making the whole story up. i guess ill stop at wally world and get me a salmon filet.

I have not met any of you yaa-hoos to my knowledge.I was hoping to meet Roy someday since he only lives about 3 hours from me but I think I blew that deal by "outing" him on his turtle hunting exploits...

;-)

cbeard, you did good! A guy like Roy is not worth meeting IMO.:)

I was in Alaska the last week of May fishing. One day I went into Fred Myers in Soldatna. They had fresh halibut for $5 a pound. For $200 I could have got the same amount of fish, and not even puked doing it. WTH????

Eel

I live in easter MT and if any of you would like to grab lunch or coffee this fall feel free to give me a shout.

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy

I just met Sageadvice last week! Good dude and he even bought me and The Warden lunch. We got to spend about an hour or so lying to each other about huntin and fishin.
I'll make it a point to see him again!

Time to add a few to the list!

Been trying to hook up with some of these Good People for quite a while!

Finally got a Hug from Preddy!:D (AKA Big Bull Killer!)
PleaseDear was about to give up on me but it finally happened!
Met 'Da Warden' also!
Met Mike,don't know his MM name?
All great people,thanks for tollerating my BS for one evening!

Put schmalts on the list,spent some time with him in a LE Elk Unit this Fall!

Probably others,just don't know their MM names?

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

Post em up!
I can't be the only one that has met MM'ers since August?

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

Oh don't worry PleaseDear!
I'm leaving it dirty till I see you next year!:D
Just Razzin ya!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

I met NVHNTR on my Nevada muzzleloader hunt this year as well as NVMDF on the same hunt. Both were extremely nice guys and both willing to help a NV newbie out. Who knows....if I'd have met a few more I might have actually found a buck to kill! :) Just kidding. Both of those guys gave my Dad and I good advice on where to look for bucks. I can't say enuf good things about both of these guys...just good people.

Steve
"Get that corn out of my face"

Whooopppps.....I didn't meet NVHNTR...I met NEVADAGUY!! Classic. Is NVHNTR your brother, Brandon?

Sorry for the mix-up.

Steve
"Get that corn out of my face"

LAST EDITED ON Nov-21-10 AT 01:03PM (MST)[p]I met DougW in 05 on our bull elk hunt in the Ely, Nev. area. He also is a very nice guy.

Well!
Last night after a long day I met up with justr!
Also met MS justr,Mamma justr & Dad justr!

Good BS'ing with you Kenny!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom