Monsoon

Hopefully really soon ... been out on 13b for a couple days this past week on 13b and this unit is still in pretty great condition . However , wish the Monsoon would get going already . If it weren't for the Wind Advisory for today and tomorrow I'd be out there as we speak , but going out again Saturday and a few days straight next week .

I live in Vegas and it looks like a lot of moisture in the air today. It is cloudy and overcast and you can feel the hummidity of the clouds. I would be very suprised if Northern AZ does not get any rain of of this. I could be wrong, but I am expecting to see rain fall in Vegas any minute so I would only guess Northern AZ looks about the same.

I'm in Glendale right now, and today really looked like it was going to rain. Very cloudy and humid, looks like the monsoons are about to start. I sure hope so, as my son has a 5B muzzleloader bull tag for late September.

I was up north on Monday and it's really really dry around Flagstaff & Happy Jack. so much so many of the trees look like the bark beetles are at them again in some places. I'm no forestry guy but so I could be wrong about the beetles but dry conditions usually favor them. It was a tinder box in many of the places I was walking around in and in many places along the road the ponderosa's were turning brown.

No rain yesterday for the AZ Strip .... close but no cigar . It was just too warm and very windy . The moisture virtually evaporated before hitting ground . Temperature forecast next week is as high as 111 degrees for the area . Yesterday on Facebook I was reading an Article from the USFS that some road closures will be going into effect for parts of Central, Northern, Eastern Arizona due to Extreme Dry Conditions .....

el no raino for la #####-a means we are in a drought and are screwed. i have lived in az my whole life-38 years and the monsoon just doesn't hit like it did when i was a kid.i don't buy the el nino and la nina bs summer and winter rains/ snow just aren't what they used to be 20-30 years ago

Generally I agree, but the average rainfall during the annual monsoon period is 8.31 inches in Flagstaff, according to the National Weather Service. The total amount of rainfall can vary dramatically from year to year and storm to storm. Last year, Flagstaff got hammered with 15.7 inches of rain.

60% chance of rain here in Wittmann on Friday according to wunderground.com, which I find to be very accurate. If we are getting rain down here, it should be pretty good above the Rim.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom