Montana Combo

muleyman

Very Active Member
Just put in for a combo hunt in Montana. (Elk and deer) Anyone else putting in for MT here? I guess the odds are 75% they tell me. Good luck!

jeremy - Oregon

I put in for a deer tag which I hear is only 25%...I hope I'm the one in four for once!

Muleyman, There were 4 of us who put in together for the elk combo. It all depends on how many people put in for the combos to maintain that 75% odds.-good luck, I know I always need it-Hatrick

If we get it, the area we hope to hunt is around Bozeman. We hunted near Lewistown / last year for mulies and antelope with success. We saw some decent bulls taken around the Missori breaks. Friends last yr hunted around Bozeman. 5 bulls for six guys isn't bad. Good kuck everyone!

jeremy - oregon

Add me to the list. This is my first year putting in for a deer tag. There is 4 of us. Thank God for that looking at the price of Gas! lol Anyway, we hope to hit the jackpot and hunt somewhere
around Miles City.

Falcon,
Where you from? It takes me about 9 hours from Portland to Missola. Then another 3 or so hours to Bozeman. Good luck drawing deer tags. Last yar was my first year hunting MT and boy was it exciting! I have never seen sooooo many deer in my life. No kidding around 175-200 per day!!! Of course this was during the rut.

Good luck!

jeremy - mulino oregon

Hey Guys,

For those who know, when do they draw? I looked on the web site, and I can't find an estimated date.

Sleepless in Enumclaw!!!!!

muleyman, I have hunted out of lewistown for the last 8 years for deer. Send me a PM, Lets talk.

Garrett

Muleyman,Wamuleyhunter

Have you ever been into the Sporting good store there in Lewistown. I am not sure of the name but it has everything and there is probable 50 mounts of Monster elk and Deer and everything else. I could spend all day looking at the mounts.

We hunt about 50 miles east of Lewistown and I have my deer from last year at Lewistown Taxidermy.

We hunted out of Winifred, 50 miles from Lewistown and we we one night into Lewistown for some food and we saw a sporting goods store there on the main drag w/ lots of mounts! I wish it would have been open to go into.

$643.00 for combo hunt!! Government loves our money!

jeremy

Hey guys ya that store you are talking about is awesome. We go in there everytime we are there. Its called Don's. I love walking around and looking at all the mounts.

Do you have pictures of your hunts?

garrett

I wish I had a scanner. I killed a 8X9 non-typical muley w/ a 30" spread in 2000 here in Oregon while archery hunting. Lots of pics these past few yrs of hunting. I need a scanner!!!!

Man I wish I could go this year, New baby on the way this year and didn't think I would score big points by being gone for two weeks in the fall.

we hunted south of Alder last year and had a great time. Was my first year in Montana and can't wait to go back. For three of us we got three deer and one bull. So a pretty decent hunt. Saw animals everyday. I will have to do my best here in Oregon this year to get my animals.

Muleyman, I live in Portland. I usually hunt Elk in the cascades. Spent the last couple seasons on the coast and might try and head east this year or go back to the cascades. Like I said it is going to be tough to get away for much time this year. I know a few guys who hunt archery in the Ochoco's, sounds like it is starting to get a little crowded over there also.

I live in Mulino. I have hunted outside of Silverton for the past couple of years, when we arn't in eastern oregon. We hunt in the Spanish Peak, Black canyon area in the Ochoco's.(archery) Last year we only ran into about 5 other hunters while up there. My friend had a 350+ bull within 20yrds and missed the shot. He got the shakes reallllly bad I guess. I missed a 6X0 bull. One side of his rack was broken off!

After talking to one of the guys I work with. I am leaning towards hunting with them over in the Chesnimus unit this year. It is all going to depend on if I can get away for that long with a new born at home. Hopefully it will work out, Otherwise I will hunt the cascades or the coast where I can still be in contact with home fairly easily.

Really want to go back to Montana, but that is going to have to wait till next year and hopefully we can draw without any points. we were going to put in this year and hope not to draw and just get points but there were only two of us that were willing to do it and 2 points for 5 of us didn't do us any good.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom