Montana Moo Cow Decoy

WFGinNM

I'm wondering if anybody has a Montana cow decoy/blind they don't want. My wife and I have a NM antelope hunt in August and I'm looking for a way to get her closer to them.

Thanks,
--Bill

I just got one of these on Tuesday, I ordered it on Amazon - they are kind of hard to find. Kind of embarrassed to actually use it but what the heck should be fun. The ranch I hunt on does have cows so who knows??

Hey, many years ago, when I was young and full of energy, I took half a cow hide and built a frame for it. I planned of using it for hunting ducks and geese. It just so happened it was only a few years after antelope were planted on the Parker Mtn. They spread some and a few ended up in different areas. While I was trying to put the sneak on some ducks, I was able to walk withing about 10 yards of an antelope buck. Horse decoys seem to work better for ducks and geese, for whatever reason, but either will get you a lot closer to antelope. There was a hunting show a while back, that showed guys walking along side saddled horses, getting close enough to antelope, to shoot them with bows. It works, so don't feel one bit embarrassed!

I have a Montana Moo Cow decoy that I have used several times. It works pretty good other than a little wind will try to fold it up. I do wish it was a little bigger though.
I have also used cardboard to make decoys. Go to a glass shop and they usually have big pieces available. Cut out a rough pattern and paint it black or brown. Glue a few 1x2's to it to brace it and use as hand holds. We killed geese one time with a cardboard decoy that didn't have a head. lol

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom