Montana sheep, goat and moose?

bschnoor

I was curious if it is statisticly possible for a non resident to draw a tag with no points? I have none and am curious if it is worth applying as I know I'm behind the game when it comes to points. Thanks - Brian

Absolutely. Montana's point system is truly a "bonus" one and not preference. So, yes, a person just entering the draw and having zero bonus points may draw.

Brian,

Did ya get the '06 sheep-goat-moose regs yet??

I am in total shock of the lack of applicants in some of the Ram-non-res. choices..... by unit...

Ya definately don't have ANYTHING to loose by appling with 0 points....

Be sure, if ya want, to do the $20.00 bonus point option.

Robb

Have not got mine in the mail yet, but nonresident choices rotate yearly. A hunt available to nonresidents this year may not have been last, and would have had few nonresident applicants last year.

My book just came in the mail....If someone was interested in a Ewe hunt, some of those units had 100% draw odds.

McKinney aka Hiker
Proverbs 3:5-6

Jeff, I do ewe as a 2nd choice every year. I sure would like to get one mounted and on the wall next to my BH Ram.

Robb

Robb,
2nd choice. That's great. We use to have some units in Colorado that a 2nd choice Ewe tag could be had. Problem is, when people would hunt for a Ram they'd get "Sheep Fever" and had to wait 5 years before they could put in for another Ram, so they started hunting Ewes and all the tags were taken in the 1st choice go around.

Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

Jeff--Yes............. and S-32 bow Ram in your state........and a Des.-Ram in Nevada THIS year!! haha daydream for sure!

Robb

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom