Moose draw

5yearcoueshunter

Hello everyone,
I was wanting opinions on what unit to put in for moose for my Dad. He has 6 preference points right now, so I'm not sure if he has enough yet for most of the units. He is 60 years old and a non-resident. Does he have enough preference points yet to get a bull tag? Any recommendations or suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Travis

I drew unit 18 in 2002 with 6 points and had a good hunt.Got a nice bull on the first day.Probably will not apply again because I am getting older and packing out a moose is way to much for me now.

BEWARE OF THE LACK OF MOOSE IN UNIT 23, THE WOLVES HAD A HAY DAY IN THERE. I SAW 1 BULL IN 8 DAYS, PREVIOUS TRIP...8 BULLS IN ONE CANYON IN ONE MORNING.....WYOMING F&G HAS LET IT GO TO THE DOGS....YD.

I agree,Stay away from areas that have large population of wolves. They have raised heck with the moose population over the last few years.

Huck58,
You're right, in fact sometimes the wolves find a whole group of sick elk and mercifully kill them all. They don't eat them of course as they might get sick themselves. They've also made the jobs of game managers much easier. Now the the biologists simply close down the moose units and aren't bothered by how many tags they need to give out to humans. It's a win-win situation, for the wolves and enviros that is.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom