Moose in NM

B

bulldogger

Saw it this morning on the news. Some hunters caught him on camera south of Chama. The report also said that it was later found dead and there were no obvious wounds. It was sent somwhere for an autoposy.

Watched a pretty nice bull (45") last year on San Antonio Mtn. during the muzzleloader antelope season. When we told the G&F warden, he first said there are no moose in NM and it was probably an elk, and when we proved we knew what one looked like, he went to try to find it and take pictures. Called it in to the office and created quite a stir. They must wander in from Colorado all the time, but aren't seen often.

Our game department will propbably issue 500 permits next year for moose now!!!!!

That's kinda what we thought, too! Spent a week in unit 52 and saw 2 mule deer does; they give out 200 deer tags. :)

A agree!

Make it a year round hunt also,,,,, or better yet issue 500 tags and have them at the same time as the elk hunts.

And make it a rifle hunt during the archery season the way they do us in northern New Mexico with the Grouse season. It is always nice to finally get on a bull and then have someone start blasting away at grouse. I have nothing aginst grouse hunters, I just wish they would move the season a bit to not interfere with the bow hunt.

This guy wasn't too far from New Mexico, just north of Aztec a few years ago
news011101_1.jpg

A few weeks later they found one near Shiprock which might of been the same one if he kept heading in that direction. I couldn't find the article on that one though.

Hey, don't forget about us non-residents! We want to hunt moose too!

When does the governors tag go up for auction?

Shoot, we'll give those away as long as you use a reputable outfitter such as USO.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom