Moose Meat

MaineFlatlander

I have a Unit 24 moose tag. My plans have changed a little since drawing the tag and several others. I still have moose meat in the freezer from my wife's cow tag here in Maine last fall. Because of other hunts I plan to archery hunt for about a week during the rifle season starting Oct 1 and then if necessary finishing up with either a rifle or muzzleloader.

The offer is for free moose meat...and yes I know how good moose meat can be! Because of my other hunts I would be looking at storing it in WY for a month before traveling back home. So, with moose already in my freezer the first person who contacts me via PM or email can have the meat......assuming I can fill the tag. Thats the offer no strings attacked other than the meat CAN NOT be wasted. If you want to help pack it out great. If not no problem at all. Please contact me so we can make some plans soon. If not I will either store it and get it back to Maine or donate it at a processor. I would prefer to give it to someone in person so I know it will not be wasted. I will also read up on the donation law so no one will get in trouble. (retired law enforcement and want to stay on the right side)

Thanks [email protected]

LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-11 AT 03:02PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-11 AT 01:57?PM (MST)

Thanks for a very generous offer, whoever you end up giving it to.

I'd definitely read up on the donation law. Someone can probably refresh us, but I thought you could only give away so many pounds of wild game to one person. And if you have x pounds leftover, who gets the tag to show ownership...

Just letting you know that I contacted the local game warden, and as long as the notched tag is left with the meat and a note stating that the meat was given to an individual, it is perfectly legal. If that person transports over 25 pounds of meat anywhere, in state or out, he must have an interstate game tag to do so. The hunter must keep the license portion with the antlers, etc. to transport that. The original owner of the tag does not need an interstate game tag to transport, only the license.

Take it to a locker close by. They will issue transport tags there. I did it last year in Dubois and gave it to 3 different guys that I was hunting with. I think he charged $8 per tag.

Just wanted to say thank-you to everyone. At this time it looks I have found a home for the meat and also have a second place in case something falls through. This is what this site should be all about!!!

Yep, it's the best and it's obviously nice to know that you can now fill your tag and not have to worry about the meat!

Very generous of you. You better be on someone's christmas card list ! Not to hijack but does anyone know if the meat processor in Pinedale is going to be open this fall. THANKS. Chip

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom