Moose tag

But if we end up moving to the squared bonus point it might be a good spot to be...
I agree. However, there's only so many tags for NR, so he's still in a tough spot. Personally, I would still apply if I was him. However, I have a lot of points in Nevada and haven't drawn a tag yet. Mainly because NV doesn't offer very many NR tags.

I agree. However, there's only so many tags for NR, so he's still in a tough spot. Personally, I would still apply if I was him. However, I have a lot of points in Nevada and haven't drawn a tag yet. Mainly because NV doesn't offer very many NR tags.
Yeah. It is rough. But with squared bonus at least you have a chance every year… I suspect that will be implanted in the next few years and the points he gains now will only help him.

tractorred, if you're a NR, there are more than 1750 people with more preference points than you. So a preference tag is unlikely. And there's almost zero chance to get a random permit since those were all but legislated out of existence with the new 10% ceiling. Unit 25 might have a random tag as long as the quota remains at more than 40 total. But since it will probably be the only random tag, and everyone is gonna know that once the app services are done writing articles about it, you can expect 1 in several thousand type odds.

If the new squared points type draw is approved, it will be several years before anyone but the top point holders can draw, since they'll offer a grace period during which a few high preference point holders can draw.

Yeah same boat here although a little closer than you. My 73 old Dad has 20 points. He was getting close, but with the new 90/10 split going into affect this year I'm not sure he'll ever make it.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom