Moose Unit 65

B

bakerboy

Applied for tag this morning. Anyone know much about this unit? I know I still have to draw, but I havent been over to that part of the state in a long time. What kind of terrain would i expect and is there a lot of private property or is it accessible? Thanks in advance.

I assume you know something about the unit? Don't be offended, but I don't understand why someone would apply for a OIL tag and not at least know the basics about the area.

FYI, the IDFG says that the unit is 72% private property. Good luck in the draw!

Good luck in the draw, my buddy drew the tag two years ago. We planned a week long hunt, but ended it the first day on a 44 incher. It wasnt' a monster by any means but not bad for idaho and the unit. There is plenty of public ground and plenty of moose, you should do ok. The unit is kinda thick but there are some areas where a guy can glass the hills sides. Good luck!!

You are right I dont know much about the unit, but a friend of mine knows the unit very well and he told me to apply for that unit. He will be going with me on the hunt, if i draw. I was just looking for info on the unit. Thanks for your concern though.

Not to fear! Idaho is not a once in a lifetime moose tag state. If you don't kill a moose you can apply for another tag in a few years. Also, you will have over two months to hunt. Good luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom