Moose

I drew a non res unit 18/181 rifle cow tag. I probably will use it, but can the tag be exchanged for muzzleloader or bow tag?

Kind of doubt they would let you exchange the tag for new season dates. But - you can use a ML or bow during the rifle season.

Congrats on the tag and good luck...

Talked to DOW on Friday. They said this is possible. Now I need to decide which is better: Muzzleloader or Rifle. In the end it will probably come down to my schedule.

Opinions?

NMChem- Yes you can exchange it, but I'd recommend keeping the rifle season tag. Season length is about the same, and you can hunt with any weapon you want during the rifle season. Grand County in September is an absolute zoo.....archery elk hunters, archery deer hunters, muzz elk hunters, muzz deer hunters, campers galore, hikers, bikers, motorbike trail riders (abundant motorized trails are in this unit), and etc.

By the Oct 1 rifle Moose opener, all the deer/elk hunters will be long gone, as well as some of the campers. The trail rider kids will still be there, mainly on weekends though. You should have the woods mostly to yourself on weekdays.

Good luck with your hunt.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom