moose

orion23

Very Active Member
any moose starting to show themselves over there yet? probably a little early but im getting ancious!

travis

I was up hunting elk this last week, and I saw alot of cows and small bulls, but no big guys yet. The little guys still had there velvet on.

Rich

Thanks for the feedback. Im heading to 26 on the 24th of the month. i hope they are full rut by then.

thanks again.

travis

LEAVING SOON MYSELF......WHEN DO YOU FELLAS THINK THE MOOSE RUT PEAKS IN WESTERN WYOMING ??? I WILL BE THERE FOR THE OPENER, AND LAST 10 DAYS IF NEED BE.....YD.

Moose unit #26 was where I was bowhunting Elk, I was looking for moose also because I'll have 9 moose points next year. Like I said yesterday I seen alot of cows and small bulls. With that many cows, I'd think the big boys will be coming out of the high country for the rut.

Rich

What area?? I was up last week with my brother, we saw quite a few moose out. Not moving around much, mostly in the mornings.

anywhere in the whole unit (26) really. im going to camp near cokeville but plan to be very mobile.

Orion23, how many points did you have to draw? I have 8 at this time and beleive I am just out of it for another couple years. This is also the unit I have been putting in for. Keep us posted on your hunt. You may want to send (markhunts) a PM. He lived in this general area for years and may have some information for you. Hope he does not mind me dropping his name!!!

I had 8 non-res points. I believe that 25% of 8 point applicants drew. If your going in next year with 8, you might be in the random draw due to the point creep but not real sure.

I will try to remember to post photos on here. If i forget to, they will definately be on my website, but ill try to remember.

Ill see if i cant reach him on a PM. Thanks for the info and keep my email and ill help you out the best i can in the future.

travis

Sorry i didnt post sooner... here it is and here is the video link of the kill....

4925f79d2dd7a8cc.jpg

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom