Moose332

Stonefly

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-03-14 AT 07:04PM (MST)[p] I was reading a PM from Moose332 and he ask if I had seen Lion sign and tracks in the area we hunted this year. I did see Lion tracks in, I think every drainage I hunted this year. I have seen them in the past , but I like to hunt the ledges, and craggy places. I did however notice allot of Coyote tracks (not just in the bottoms but all over the mountain) and heard them every night. I saw 2 one day and 1 on another day, in different drainages. The single was hazing a Doe with 2 fawns. When scouting this summer it was the same story. I did, after a rain storm find fresh tracks from a small bear right as the road tops from the Cotton wood end. As always we got off the roads and saw a decent number of Deer. This year the only noticeable difference from other years, it seemed the Deer moved allot. We would see them 2 or 3 days tops and then they moved. it seemed like even the Elk moved more than usual. Is this a predator problem? have any of you had this happen? oops sorry Moose I didn't notice I titled this with your name

Yes
When Meat eaters show up the meat leaves the area until they feel safe again. That even happens in places that have just a few meat eaters, They might move over one canyon or a dozen canyons. Had a spot that had good bucks in every year, Mtn lions moved in and now you never see a deer in their, You would think after the ran out of deer they would move on but 10 year later they are still in there.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Eating what?.......mushrooms?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

>Eating what?.......mushrooms?
>
>
>
>"As democracy is perfected, the office
>of the President represents, more
>and more closely, the inner
>soul of the people.
>On some great and glorious
>day, the plain folks of
>the land will reach their
>heart's desire at last and
>the White House will be
>occupied by a downright fool
>and complete narcissistic moron."
>- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore
>Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
>

Morrels.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Sorry for the poor explanation in the original post. It wasn't that the Deer and Elk were gone in the canyons with the predator sign. It was more like a constant "revolving". The Deer and Elk acting like some Turkey's I have hunted. Staying put for a day or too and then moving out of the area, and new Deer and Elk moving into that area. Every canyon had Deer and Elk in it. I passed a 2X4 that was with 3 other bucks on the second day. The next day that small herd was 2 canyons away and a nice buck in their place. Couldn't get close as I was at the head of the canyon on my way to another place. Long story short I finally shot the 2X4 on our last day of our hunt 5 miles from where I had first seen him, He was with the same 3 bucks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom