More Ogden Goats

ELKOHOLIC

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-07 AT 12:34PM (MST)[p]Well I got back from the mountains late last night. All I can say is awesome country. It made my arse pucker more than once. We made it over close to Ben Lomond Peak when my 5 year old son decided he had had enough so we stopped there.

Below you will see a few of the pictures I took. Most were through my spotter so they are not the best. If you look close you can see a goat with a deformed horn. Uthunting also has some pictures of her.

DSC02144.jpg

DSC02143.jpg

DSC02139.jpg

DSC02122.jpg

DSC02119.jpg

DSC02115.jpg

Thanks to all of the Monstermuleys members that have helped me; Sneakattack, PleaseDear, Nochawk, Uthunting, etc. Now, a couple more questions for ya. How is the access up there during mid October on an average year? It is starting to be a concern. I can see a snow storm really messing things up. Does the goats usually push of the top or do they stay in the same location in bad weather? Is there any access from the bottom if it snows alot? Thanks again

Man oh baby, you got some sweet pics right there. So, the one with the jacked up horn is for sue a Nanny...Sweet, now I can for tell what one goat is! Good job on finding some Goaties. I am looking forward to our scouting trip .

I had a tag 3 years ago and went with UThunting. We seen lots of goats but it took 3 days tell we found THE GOAT!! Anyway good luck on the hunt...As for the weather it will take quite a bit of snow to push those goats down as the steep cliffs keep clean of snow and there is very little access from the bottom... so best bet is to hunt from the top down....

TOP_PINBULL

The snow really dosn't move them much, in the last 5 years they have only come down winter 05-06 into the oakbrush at the base of the cliffs.they usualy just go over the top and bed on the east side or in the trees.
The wind up there will blow you off the mountain so you need to watch the weather. I would suggest crampons like the icefishermen wear if the weather moves in..slicker than gorilla snot when it is wet/icy.

Have fun and get a bigun..

LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-07 AT 07:54PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-07 AT 07:28?PM (MST)

Kinda funny look at your first picture and then look at this one. I think she is in the same place ????? she must like it ..
This is one of the photos I really like
46afe7224be5bf77.jpg

Awesome pic. It looks like she is below the trail in your pic. She was above in mine. Still the same location though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom