More Omega ???

DMCHUNTER

First one is the ram rod is short. On my other gun I have a loading jag that I can load with and swab the barrel with. The Omega rod is short with the loading jag for swabing to the bottom. What are you guys doing for swabing in the field? On my other gun I just leave the jag on when hunting.

Second Question is not a big deal but was wondering how you all clean your breach plug. I take it out and use soap and water and I break a qutip in half and use it to slean the hole with. Does anyone have a better way to get the crud outa the area before the hole? Didn't exactly know how to describe it.

Just some Questions more outa curiosity. I figure I will come up with something as I get used to the gun.

I hold the breechplug with pliars & run very hot, high pressure water to the 209 face of it. Then I shake it semi dry & use brake cleaner spray with the long red nozzle thru it for a 2nd cleaning. I shake it dry again & soak both ends of a pipe cleaner with solvent & run that thru the 209 hole. I take a toothbrush with some solvent spray & clean the plug exterior. I let it dry & put it in a sandwich baggie & hang the baggie to the end of the ramrod when I store the rifle in my gun safe. I never install the plug until I'm leaving for the range or going hunting.

............."Keep Yer' Powder Dry Fellas".............

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom