More unwarranted hate toward a lovable breed

" they have never been anything but lovable family pets before"......Who knew?

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

That sucks... probably some drug dealer who forgot to tie up his "watch dawgs"! Everytime this happens is akin to having somebody shot with an "illegal" gun. Doesn't do anything positive for the responsible pitbull owners or people that are responsible gun owners.

Mike

My family and I just moved in to a new home this last month and this weekend I was working in the garage. I turned around and standing in the door was a Pit Bull. I was a bit surprised by my reaction but I immediately got pissed off and was bound and determined this dog was going to be leaving my place. I got my kids and dog inside and then went back out to find the dog and he had left. I have a 5 and 4 year old and a new 8 week old Brittany pup. I know its irrationale to be worried about Pit Bulls but I am not taking any chances with my kids. I know all Pit Bulls don't attack people but why does it seem all attacks are from Pit Bulls.

Being a responsible pit owner makes no difference with the dogs behavior. Its in their DNA.
If a pit is on the loose around my house, I'll shoot and ask questions later. I just don't get people that think they "need" a pit bull.

Traditional >>>------->

"I know its irrationale to be worried about Pit Bulls but I am not taking any chances with my kids. I know all Pit Bulls don't attack people but why does it seem all attacks are from Pit Bulls."

I don't think it's irrational at all to be worried about pit bulls when you have 4 and 5 year old kids. All it takes is an instant, be careful it takes a bold dog to come into your garage.

I'm on my 23rd lab she's really like my kid of the 23 labs I have never had one bite or growl at a person. Now part of that is the breeding I look and breed for but a great deal is the nature of the animal.

A jogger getting mauled by pit bulls in Chigago is no surprise. One of the worse getto drug dealing areas in the nation and most drug dealers having pit bulls that they have tortured to make them mean.

Chicago is also one of the most anti-gun cities in the nation and if a jogger should have a gun to shoot attacking pit bulls, that jogger will end up in jail on a serious gun charge.

RELH

I am on my 3rd pitbull and have never had one growl or bite anyone! All dogs have the wild DNA, not just pit bulls. My 5 year old pit was being ridden by 3 year olds all weekend.

PS. We had to put my fathers terrier to sleep because it wouldnt stop biting everyone.

PPS. I have 3 or 4 friends who are also on multiple pit bull ownerships and none of their dogs have ever even looked angrily at a person. most loveable breed ive ever met and that goes for Labs too.

Pitbull owners and drunk drivers get a bad rap IMO. There are lots of people who drive drunk and never hurt a soul. They even take their kids in the car with them and nothing happens.

Lots of people who never drink have car wrecks all the time.

You can't make a blanket statement about drunk drivers or pitbull owners.

Eel

Brandon.....Obviously you don't pay much attention to statistics.

In my PERSONAL OPINION, you are looney if you allow a child to "ride" on a pit bull.

The story is ALWAYS the same....."they never did anything like that before"...

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

The difference between a terrier and a pit is when a terrier attacks you you go "ouch" when a pit attacks you tou go to the hospital or a morgue.

Here is something interesting I found on the local paper.

Dog breeds that are considered aggressive are no more dangerous than others, study finds
Posted by MarkRobison at 1/5/2012 1:53 PM PST on rgj.com
Dogs in Spain who are considered aggressive must be licensed. These include pit bulls and dogs who look like pit bulls. Adding to the overwhelming body of scientific evidence that pit bulls are not naturally more dangerous than other dogs, a study from last year that I just learned about found the so-called aggressive breeds are no more dangerous than other dogs.

Here are the dogs affected by Spain's "aggressive dog" licensing law:

Breeds and breed crosses classified as potentially dangerous:

Doberman (Andalucia only)
Pit Bull Terrier
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
American Staffordshire Terrier
Rottweiler
Dogo Argentino
Fila Brasileiro
Tosa Inu
Akita Inu

Dogs with certain characteristics of these breeds are also classified as potentially dangerous. The characteristics are:

Strong musculature, powerful or athletic constitution, robustness, agility, vigor and endurance
Short hair
Deep chest (60 to 80 cm), height of over 50 cm and a weight over 20 Kg
Big, square, head, with a wide skull and strong jaws
Broad, short and muscled neck.
Straight, parallel forelegs and muscular hindquarters, relatively long back legs standing at an angle

The peer-reviewed study published in the Journal of Veterinary Behavior concluded: http://www.journalvetbehavior.com/article/S1558-7878(11)00008-6/abstract

Breeds classified as potentially dangerous did not show aggressiveness more often than the remaining ones.

Here is an excerpt from a story about the study by the National Canine Research Council: http://www.nationalcanineresearchco...ed-breeds-no-more-aggressive-than-any-others/

What the study did find was that the larger the dog (dividing the 232 dogs studied into 3 size categories), the less likely it was to exhibit aggressive behaviors toward people such as barking, growling, snarling lunging, snapping or biting. Large dogs were also less likely to behave fearfully. This is particularly striking with regard to the breeds identified as dangerous according to Spanish law, since most fall into the large dog category and the rest into the medium. Thus they are disproportionately represented within the least aggressive groups the study identified. Another notable aspect of this finding is that it is consistent with a larger study conducted in Canada a decade earlier, (Guy, 2001) suggesting that this inverse relationship between aggression and size may carry over across continents and long periods of time.

In looking at aggression toward their fellow dogs, the study found that gender and age played a role. Males were more likely to show aggression toward other dogs, as were to a small degree, the older dogs in the sample, but dangerous breed identification made no difference.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

These red and green eyed Border Colley's are the friendliest breed I have ever encountered!
image001.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom