more youth turkey pics

tailgunner

I took two of my kids out for the youth hunt this weekend. On Saturday the wind and snow made things tough.The first couple set ups didn't workout we had birds in sight but could not get the tom's away from the hens.We tried a couple sneeks and got busted by hens at about 50yds.We backed out and moved to another area.The first set up we had only made a couple calls and never heard a gobble, the next thing I know we have five toms walking right at us.I though we could get two maybe three out've this deal.My daughter was sitting on my right facing the other way and never saw the birds, at 20yds my son Ty takes a shot,nothing not even ruffled feathers,birds are running everywhere he racks another round and shoots,another miss.By now the birds are out of range I tell Ty don't shoot there to far, but he doesn't hear me and fires.To my disbelief I see this turkey fall over DEAD and I mean DEAD no flopping no nothing just DEAD.I guess one is better than none.I won't even tell you how far the shot was because you'll think I'm lying but I checked it about ten times with my range finder and it was way to far for a 20 gauge.My daughter had a shot on Sunday and missed.I love taking my kids out we have a good time. Ithttp://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/8558tys__turkey_303.jpg

5298tys__turkey_317.jpg

3465tys__turkey_321.jpg

Right on Jeff! Sounds like one pellet through the eye, eh!

Great photos, and sounds like you all had a lot of good action!

that pic of him walking away is the stuff....right on...good job Ty keep up with those long range turky kills :D

youth hunting photos never get old! Good job to the little man!

awesome!!congrats to the kids! hope ur daughter ll connect one soon.

what is best time to locate turkeys? I know in early morning and late evening, what about midday?

vinihunt

Wow Ty! I think I'll start calling you dead eye Taylor! I know your dad didn't teach you to shoot! I've seen him shoot! I'm proud of you! You've got a great dad! He's taught me alot about hunting and I know you'll be just as good as him someday! I can't wait to take my daughters out with me to hunt turkeys.

Vin: Besides early morning and evening I like to look and listen for gobblers between 9 and noon.When the hens leave to nest the gobblers will gobble and move around looking for more hens.It works for me.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom