Mountain Meadows RFW

elkhuntr

Does any one have any insight on elk hunting the Mountain Meadows Ranching for Wildlife??? I was thinking about dumping some points. How about any RFW for elk?????
You can PM me if that is better.
Thanks, Elkhuntr

I've been on the Buffalo Horn ranch and Four Mile ranch. Buffalo ranch lots of elk, but Four Mile not that many. I would think Mountain Meadows would be pretty good, but have never hunted it. P.M. if you like.

Jim

It will take you 10 preference points to draw one of the three either sex elk tags on Mountain Meadows, and with three seperate dates to hunt, including the first week of Sept. during the rut, you should expect a good hunt for a decent 300-320 bull, if you are willing to get away from the paying guided hunters, put in the time, and be willing to wait until November if necessary.

Mountain Meadows Ranch, which is owned by Terry Everhart, but leased to Sangre de Cristo Outfitters is well known for producing good elk. However, it is hunted HARD each year! Tom and Bill Schulze the owners of Sangre de Cristo Outfitters will have high paying elk hunters ($7500) all over the place from August 29th thru November 15th, 2009. And with the landowner tags, they will be rifle hunting during the rut from 09/13/09 thru 10/30/09.

Regardless and if drawn, you will see some beautiful country, alot of elk, and have a good hunt!

PM me if you would like, as I can go into more detail (good & bad) than I am willing to on the open forum.

Stryker

I have a friend who had an absolutely aweful hunt on mountain meadows. I'd say ask DWM for the area about it. What I heard suggested they (Sangre outfitters/hunt managers)literally ran the elk out of there just before the public draw hunters got in there. Nightmare scenario, again, just what I was told about the 2006 hunt so do not know for certain. I know I would not burn the points there without solid confirmation it is a great hunt from guys who hunted the public draw tags recently.

Ive heard of similar stories that khunter mentioned about them running off the elk. make absolutely sure that you dont waste those points on something like that. I will say that the trinchera rfw is good and has a lot of elk with the avrg being around 320.

Why would they run the elk out when there hunters would be in there only a couple days later??? Public hunters get to hunt it only a couple days before they do.
JC

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom