Mounts in the garage?

W

wyo_shortmag

I live in an area that gets both cold winters and hot summers with some humidity. I would guess that cold isn't too bad on mounts but what about heat and humidity? I have more room in the garage and am thinking about hanging some mounts out there. Anybody have an opinion. Thanks in advance.

Unless your garage is like a showroom, i wouldn't do it. Too dusty, and the expansion contraction from temp changes will cause problems like cracking around the eyes and nose. I view taxidermy as art though, so your opinion might differ.

a few of my buddies do it but the only reason they do it is cause their mounts are all european mounts. one has his365 elk and the other has 8+ african animals he shot. looks sweet

Don't pass on the first day if you would shot it the last day

They require care just like when you have them indoors. I have had no problems with mine.

IMG_0071.jpg

P1010192.jpg

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Agree with awholelottabull, if you keep them clean and your garage, they seem to do okay. Here are a couple of pictures of some of the stuff I have taken over the years and used the garage as a trophy room. Happy Hunting in 2010

Wildsage

GarageDeer005.jpg

GarageDeer003.jpg

I see how you guys take care of the dust problem, you keep your garages spotless. Do you have any problems with insects or mice? I am sure you leave your garage doors open some time or do you?

We have some flies in the summer time on occasion but they don't seem to bother the mounts. I bug bomb in there twice a year and so far I haven't had an issue with mice. That is actually my shop that is attached to the house. My other garage doesn't look quite like that. The mounts that I have been worried about the most are the turkeys. They are standing in the loft where I was taking my pictures from. I have heard that birds are the worst for get bugs and things in them but so far no problems.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

When the house gets full you have to put them somewhere

5625img_1691_1.jpg

8726img_1855_1.jpg

6670img_1857_1.jpg

5693img_2025_2.jpg

Some of these mounts have been in the garage for over 10 years with no problems

I sand,cut wood,and various things like that.My mounts are too important(and I'm probably too lazy to clean the garage often enough!).I don't want to have to deal with cleaning the garage that often.I keep plenty of antlers out there.Living in Wy,we get LOTS of temperature extremes.Plus,I have lots of wall space in the house.No problems there-yet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom