Move to Laramie?

Soccerdude

LAST EDITED ON May-01-18 AT 07:17AM (MST)[p]I might have the chance to move to Laramie in the coming months. I know the wind blows etc etc. Can anyone offer any insight to deer and elk hunting in that area? I know 78 is a draw for deer. I know residents can hunt general elk in the snowy range. Can you get to elk during bowseason? Really want to bowhunt hunt elk and rifle hunt mulies and antelope. Thoughts anyone?

We have it all, you forgot moose and bighorn sheep.
Waiting on a front right now with snow and rain.
You have a job lined up ?

Our deer are doing better and tons of elk.

pm sent

>We have it all, you forgot
>moose and bighorn sheep.
>Waiting on a front right now
>with snow and rain.
>You have a job lined up
>?
>
>Our deer are doing better and
>tons of elk.
>
>pm sent

Thanks. I sent you a PM back.

Hunting in the Laramie area is terrible. I would look to the western part of the state near the famed region G. Maybe you've heard of it. . .

I lived in Cheyenne for 10 years prior to '16 when I moved due to necessity to Ft Collins, Co. I always found myself heading west or northwest from Cheyenne to hunt or fish. Good part-- lots of antelope & if you study the draw data & stats really good yearly, you can draw a decent antelope tag every year. The deer hunting & draw is much tougher than most people can guess, for the good trophy tags that is. Same with elk trophy areas & permits too. General tag hunting is no walk in the park for deer or elk anywhere in the state.
More good news -- great fishing in Seminoe Resvr. &,North Platte River & many others too. Plus some very big fish too.
The weather is not as bad as people let on-- sure there is wind & sometimes bitter cold too. Just goes with the territory . Just bundle up & go !
Jerry Gold
Ft Collins, Colorado

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom