Movin' to NM

spitz

Looks like I'll be a New Mexico resident just in time to apply for next year's hunt. Never been down to this part of the country, but my wife and 4 yr. old are going to stick it out with me as we take a job in El Paso and live in Santa Teresa NM. (There was no question as to which state we'd live in because hunting is a priority) :)

I've done all my hunting up here in Idaho and Montana, it's hard to leave Montana behind, but NM produces some nice animals. Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet some of you out in the hills. Good luck this season.

Mike

Congrats on your move. You got some real good hunting within a couple hundred miles from you. It may not seem like it when you get there but there is.
You will have a busy next fall.
Welcome.

NM is getting a good fella in ol' Spitz. No worry about him killing anything, as he is so darn picky he passes on everything. Matthew still thanks you for passing on his buck last year.

Sorry to see you go Mr. Spitz, but I will be calling upon you next fall. Looking forward to time together in the hills of New Mexico (if I can draw).

Hope these NM guys are as helpful to you as they have been to me.

Happy Hunting!

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

Welcome to NM! Santa Teresa offers a little different scenery then Western Montana that's for sure. This a great state for hunting. I lived in SE Idaho for 4 years and Idaho has some excellent hunting as well.

Welcome to the Land of Enchantment. Congrats on your new job as well. The scenery is alot different, but as mentioned your coming to a sportsman paradise. Fishing at the Butte in the summer for stripers and go on and pick what part of the state you want to hunt and not them crazy odds as in other states. And I must say, the very best food in the world....

Welcome I moved here 2 years ago and am glad I came NM gives a guy lots of options to hunt thats for sure. I lived in Logan Utah and am now in Las Cruces so the shock will probably be similar.

Jordan

Welcome to the Land of Entrapment man. No good hunting here though! Moved here 5 years ago and I won't leave. The hunting is worth it all (and the fishing can be pretty sweet as well).
-Cody

Welcome - and let us know if there is anything you need help with down here. The only thing better than hunting here is the NM Forum on MM...

DC

Sorry you have to work in El Crappo. Stay out of the Juazoo. MMMMMMMMMMM hatch green chili!!!!!!

Thanks guys. When I first figured I'd be working in El Paso I was a bit bummed, then a quick map check made me feel like a kid at Christmas because I could live in New Mexico.

Can't wait to figure out a new state for hunting. The fishing isn't a bad bonus either as I've spent more than my fair share of time on the water, but give me room to roam and elk, deer and antelope to chase and I am one happy camper.

This New Mexico forum seems really active with addicts like myself though. Best of luck to those of you still hunting.

I live in El Paso and do the majority of my hunting in NM. I can help you with some public land dove and quail ideas. I can help some with deer, but not much with elk. Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected].

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom