Moving to Italy

luckless

Well guys, it looks like MM will be my only big game hunting for three years. I took a job in Italy for three years, but I get my job back here when I return. The hunting and my awesome buds at work were the hardest things to imagine living without for three years, but the call of adventure for my family (not to mention about 40% raise) was hard to pass up...

DC

Good luck in your adventure. Back in the mid-90s, my inlaws went over there for IBM for a couple of years and had the time of their lives. After they got the lay of the country, for our tenth anniversary, I took my wife over there for a few weeks and had a fantastic time touring Italy, Switzerland, and France with them. Great people, great food, fantastic scenery and historical sites to visit. Just be sure to take a week or two off each year to come back to NM and go hunting. That would be the ultimate.

You'll be close to some great gun manufactures at least. Maybe go check out the Benelli factory.......More importantly the food is going to be awsome!!!! I would come back at least 30 lbs fatter!! Good luck.

Well good luck in Europe man. The good news is that with the increase in salary and proximity to so many countries, you may be able to go on some pretty incredible hunting trips. No elk, but red deer, roe deer, fallow deer, sika deer, chamois, boar, ibex, mouflon, and some great wingshooting are a reality for you (you can find some affordable hunts in several countries). We'll probably be drooling over your pics from Europe here soon...good luck, safe travels, and keep us updated.
-Cody

Guys,
Thanks for the kind words. I'll be taking shotgun orders right before I come back...

I'll be in northern Italy at the foot of the Dolomiti Alps, just south of Switzerland and Austria.

I might put in for Valle Vidal, etc while I'm gone to take a chance at "trophy" hunts I normally wouldn't waste a draw on.

DC

luckless

WOW...good luck!! enjoy the living!! I am sure they have few hunting opporunity! also world class flyfishing too!! big trout!!

sent us pictures once in a while if you can!!

vinihunt

good luck over there and I will saving up some shotgun money too. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom