Moving to WA

chrisamx

Plan on Moving to WA in next two years. Never applied for hunt there. Does someone without points stand a chance of drawing anything?

Born and raised in eastern Washington. Hunting has went into the toilet. If you are coming from another western state you will be extremely disappointed. All the LE draw tags have cut their quotas down to nothing. Wolves, cougars, and bears have more value than human life. Worst part, is that it’s going to get much worse too. Don’t mean to be negative, just giving you a big dose of reality.

Thought you were a California boy.
Make sure to purchase your lifetime license before you leave, if you don’t already have one. From one liberal state to another. Wish you luck. Hopefully things will get better here in California before I die.

It's pretty tough to get drawn for any special tags in general even if you have points but every year a few with little or no points get a few...the state loves us putting in for the $$$ they get...Good Luck...Les

Thought you were a California boy.
Make sure to purchase your lifetime license before you leave, if you don’t already have one. From one liberal state to another. Wish you luck. Hopefully things will get better here in California before I die.
I have my lifetime

Just a non hunting heads up to you...Auburn has turned into a pretty rough town with lots of drugs and gangs....if you like that area you might want to look at the small town I live in...Enumclaw...about 20 minute drive towards the hills from Auburn...nice small town with a good buffer zone from the crime, drugs and street people in Auburn...Good Luck

Stay away from the I-5 corridor a bunch of woke radicals mixed with gangs and homelessness. The east side of king county and snohomish country have some nice areas. I live in eastern Washington and commute once or twice a week. As for hunting it’s not what it once was but still able to get a fill the freezer every year. And if you get dumb lucky and draw a special permit some of the best sheep, goat, moose and Elk hunting around.

That is a Selah butte ram I guided in 2016. I shot my ram way back in 99 in the quilimine. I’ve had the opportunity to go on seven different sheep hunts in Washington

Plenty of over the counter opportunities for deer and Roosevelt elk. Not very many bright spots for Rocky MTN. Elk.
Don’t overlook the Benchleg bucks on the east face of the cascades. Big heavy bodies with lots of horn mass.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom