MSR CUSTOMER SERVICE

NORKALNIMROD

About 24 years ago I purchased an MSR Whisperlight from REI. Over the years the stove has been on many pack in trips, seeing extensive use at altitudes from sea level to over 10,000 feet. Last year I broke the pump while attempting to replace parts. I put the thing away with plans to get a new pump. While about a year later I contacted MSR's mother company, Cascade Designs. They told me to send in the old pump and they would replace it. The cost was reasonable, $20 to $30, I don't remember exactly. I informed them that I would also like a new fuel line. They suggested I send the stove in for an over-haul, stating it would be $35, including the pump. I sent the stove to them and received a package from them a week later. I opened the package expecting my stove. In the box was a new fuel line, pump and wind screen. I called them wondering if my stove was comming in a separate package. They informed me that they had messed up and that my stove would be sent the next day. I asked if they would like me to send the wind screen back as that was not part of the deal. They stated "no,keep it and the fuel line, we will install another fuel line prior to shipping your stove to you". A couple of days later I received another package from them. I opened it and was surprised to find a new stove, upgraded to the shaker-jet model. In todays world service like this is not often found. Anyhow, I just thought some of you out there trying to make a decision on what make of stove or equiptment to purchase might want to consider MSR.
Norkal

Great to hear. I too have had great service from MSR over the years.

I am especially fond of their XGK Expedition stove when you positively absolutely have to have a stove that works regardless of the condition or what kind of fuel is a vailable.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom