MstrHntr read this

E

edhunter

I responded to your post about dogs and told you to get a pup trainer and a pup. This is an e-mail I just recieved from the guy in New Mex that I sold a really good dog to. This dog has a hurt shoulder and I sold him for $600. Not bad for a plott some would say.

"I was just looking at your website and thought I would write about Dan. To make a long story short he and my female treed a large lion down in the nastiest canyon possible. (on a Thursday afternoon) The weather was not in my favor. Huge cliffs didn't help either.My female came off the tree after a few hours. Dan on the other hand stayed 32 hrs that I know of. I worked graveyard shift and then drove back to try to get down to him.I did that a couple times never reaching him.Some friends went to get him and were afraid to try to go down the canyon. Sunday night he left the tree for whatever reason. Monday I located him 6 miles away, I couldn't get to him because I had to get to work.Tuesday He was in the same spot with a tree indicator. When I drove to the top of the mountain I found that he had went down in the bottom to the road where I had passed. I cant blame him for leaving after all that he had been through.I will never know what was in the second tree, but I did see the tracks of the lion on the first tree. I just wanted to say that I appreciate you selling him to me, I'm very pleased with him.Take it easy, David"

I know of dogs like this that get sold every year. They have been through the ringer and now are old or hurt. They won't keep up with a super pack so are sold cheap. This guy lives in SW New Mex and is getting some great pup training done. Comepare this story to the idiot (insert me and every other goof who bought 10, $500 started dogs)who spent his 1st 3 years of hunting chasing dogs who were chasing elk, deer, cars, porcupine, coyotes and antelope.

I think Waycool bought a killer dog and was catching bears in his 1st year. He might not fully appreciate how special that is but I do, Dawg does, Border does, Stan does.......well you get the point.

As for all you sucker punchers, kiss my @$$:eek: I'm on outage and don't have time or inclination to reply. Good Ol Ed will return sometime next month when my hours are shortened and the crappie quit biting.

Ed, www.swhounds.com

Thanks for all of your info. Im still lookin for some hounds though having a pretty rough time locating them though. I even searched the internet and came up pretty short handed. My next plan is to call some of these guys that outfit to see if there gonna sell anything. Thanks again for all your help

LAST EDITED ON Mar-31-03 AT 08:51AM (MST)[p]The crappie are biting ??? :) :)

Hey Mstr,

Piece of advice.. stay the hell away from the internet looking for dogs.. UNLESS you spend a hell of a lot of time getting to know the person your buying from.. and get LOTS of references and ask alot of other houndsman about the references..etc.. etc...

If Stan has a good one for sale... my advice is BUY IT and save yourself A LOT of hardship trying mediocre dogs(like I HAVE!!)... Believe me !!!! The dog will be worth the money !!!!!

Just my .02

Steve Lithgow
http://www.waycoolkennels.com

I have heard good things about 3 guys who frequent these pages. Stan is connected to many dogs throught the year. He responded to the last add I think.
Dawg has sold me a couple of good dogs and knows a lot of guys in Utah that have lion dogs.
Border sold Waycool some good dogs last year. He is a great guy to visit with. I've never met him or hunted his dogs but Waycool caught bears almost instantly last year when his dog arrived.

I would trust all of the guys above. I hunt with Stan all year and I know he will be honest. Dawg is a swap hunter. I go to Utah to chase lions and we gang up on spring bear up in Utah and he comes down here in the fall. Hope this helps.

Ed, www.swhounds.com

Mstrhuntr,

Just to clarify one thing... I don't really have dogs for sale. I don't really breed dogs and very seldom have any for sale.

I do have some connections to guys that do, but outside of doing a little dog dealing with Ed and his buddies, I am not a breeder and seldom get my hands on any dogs to sell. But on occasion I do. I know of one dog, maybe two that are for sale right now in Utah. I wouldn't call either of them Finished dogs, but they have both seen multiple lions. They aren't high dollar dogs, one is asking about $500 the other closer to $700 I think.

My advice would be look into what Stan has first. The one dog I know of was supposed to be spoken for, but not sure if the deal went down.

My main dog source just sold off the last of his dogs and all his gear, so he is done and out of the game. I won't get anymore dogs from him. :(

Good luck. What state are you hunting in? -Dawg

Just to clarify, Brand X is on outage so Arizona's electric bills will be much higher for another couple of days. This station actually has pretty good units but how can we comapare ours to your gas fired units? Of course there is no comparison to Uncle Salty's Part Time Power Productions just North of us, they never run :eek:

And when did you stop breeding dogs, Dawg? I've got to tie 2X4's on my males rears and put buckets on the females to keep you away from them. I take exception, you are a dog breeder in the biblical sense anyway. :) :eek:

Ed

dog breeder in the biblical sense, now that's funny. funny thing is, it's legal in a lot of places. Ed, you're right about the place to the north. just can't seem to keep it runnin' since i left. dog breeder, bwahahahahaha........ that's funny.

Hell Ed,

What do you expect? Last women you brought to camp with you was a sight uglier than anything chained up in camp!!

Until you can bring something to camp that looks better than that brindle lookin' bastard you got and that big black trashy sucker, I'll continue my biblical bionics!!

Hell, even I have my standards!!! -Dawg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom