MT 320 Mountain Goats

idahonative

LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-07 AT 04:54PM (MST)[p]Just spent a weekend scouting and learning HD 320 with my wife (who has the permit). We weren't expecting her to draw the tag, were just putting her in for points more than anything (she is 8-1/2 months pregnant). And of course, guess who drew - go figure...
Anyway, she won't be able to hunt until about Nov. 1. Anyone had much for experience with goats in this area? It is 320/333, the Tobacco Root Mountains.
She might be able to sit a horse (we have 4). I normally wouldn't ask much for questions, but am really looking for some sort of possibilities for her since she will be so limited physically.
We think we know about where we want to be, but anything that would put her in closer range of a goat without pushing her too hard would be awesome. She's excited about getting a mountain goat, and I would hate to see it go to waste.

My wife drew a tag in 325 9 years ago and decided on the way up the trail in October that she didn't want to go goat hunting. I can't remember being so pi$$ed at her. She hasn't hunted since which is good because it's something I enjoy doing without her. Maybe I pushed her too hard but we are ok with it now. As far as 320 goes in her condition, I would simply drive as far in as early as you can. There are places you can go way up if you beat the snow. I wouldn't worry about getting a hairy goat under your wife's condition either. I'll send you a pm on locations.

You bet D. Thanks for taking time off for antelope hunting so I could have some time with yours.

Zigga,

She is going to be in Kalispell for the next three weeks....have at it.

JB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom