mt lion video

I first glassed them around 800 yards. I lost the one cat in the bottom and it was just over 200. I'm sure it came closer without us seeing it.

I shot a nice billy on the first day. I will post some pics and video on my HAC shortly.

Very cool video, good thing you had the camera every time I see a cat (which isn't often)I don't have my camera.To bad you didn't have a kitty tag, looks like they might need to be thined out a little down there.

Would love to give that cat a face full of buck shot. Chase, have heard lots of reports of cats on the Floridas. I think Zach and I are one of the few not to see cats out there.

Sure would be nice to open up the cat hunt during the ibex hunt. Would be a few people bagging a double.

I agree Paul, they should leave the cat season open during the goat hunts. No one wants to battle that rock pile just to look for a cat.

Cool footage Chase...looks like your Choco sure wanted a piece of one of them alley cats, eh?

They're just trying to keep a bunch of dogs out of there during someone's 'once in a lifetime experience', but it seems logical that any properly lisenced ibex hunter should be able to use his lion tag during his hunt, dog use prohibited

Shoot, doesn't seem like they'd want so many of them buggers on that hill with all them revenue generating goats

one things sure...if that were a desert sheep range, ALL them cats scalps would have been cashed in

ya i know, ibex are exotics, and they're population isn't struggling by any means, but I'd rather have more hunter opportunity at em than feeding and breeding a bunch of slinking felines

LAST EDITED ON Dec-16-10 AT 09:47PM (MST)[p]Great video.

I've got a tag, the zone hasn't met its quota yet, there's not an ibex season going on, I didn't draw deer or barbary this year, and I've got a bunch of vacation I've got to use. I think I may be up for climbing that rock pile again. What else am I gonna do? Quail hunting doesn't quite do it for me...

Think I'll take my wife's chiuaua along... ;-)

cool video thanks for sharing.i live about a mile from the base of the florida's and see tracks all the time.Tony

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom