Mt Logan Arhery???

cavemn5050

This is my first year going after big game with a bow and I haven't hunted the Cache unit before. I have been studying maps and tried a little scouting. I went up towards Naomi Peak recently and decided to rule that area out for my first archery hunt. I want to stay up high and was looking around Logan Peak.

Despite the roads that go up there I plan on getting off the roads and hunting some of the bowls and canyons.

Does anyone have any input on that area during the archery hunt? Are the deer or elk up there? Is it crowded? The hunt is coming up soon and I'm very low on days I can go scout, so looking for some input.

Any info would greatly help me narrow down a game plan.

Lots of jeep an four wheeler traffic up there. I've never seen an elk up there before. You have a chance to see deer, but odds are better further north in the wilderness areas away from the roads.

RE: Mt Logan Archery???

Yeah, there are lots of roads/trails up there. I don't plan on being within a half mile (minimum) of a road or trail, but are you suggesting going North on the other side of Logan Canyon?

RE: Mt Logan Archery???

Ya, if you want to get away from roads, your better served spending time north of the black top. There are some areas east of hardware that have more roadless country as well.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom