Mt Rose, late

sageadvice

Long Time Member
I'll be spotting for a good friend who drew this tag this year. He's in Carson City, a good hard hunter, and knows a bit about the area but i was wondering what kind of buck a couple guys could expect to find if they put in the time?

Is it as good a hunt some say? Thanks!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Sage,

From what I understand about the unit you should have a good hunt, especially hunting the later dates. Assuming we get an early snow like we did last year I wouldn't be surprised if you guys see some real bruiser typicals in there. All of the pics I have seen from the late hunts in that unit are always good deer. that being said... it is deer hunting and anything can happen hahah. good luck to you!

There are some great deer in this unit. As mentioned early snow is a huge help as they tend to stay up in the thick timber until pushed down. Do some early season scouting and try to find a couple bucks just in case the snow does not come. This is a buck I found two years ago still hanging out way high for early December. It was the late archery hunt and they were still rutting.

79deer_piw.jpg

Thanks a ton Guys!!

Poke, That's a bruiser for sure. Too bad he's broke up a bit but still, who wouldn't be elated with a smoker buck like that?

I'm happy for my pard and i'm glad to be included in his hunt. He's a good hunter but i'm hoping to help him stay off the trigger until we can look over some country to see what's to be had.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

We hunted it a bit a few years back when my dad drew a PIW tag. I didn't care for it but ONLY because it is weather dependent and e didn't get enough weather to push the deer into county we had planned to hunt and knew how to access.

There was deep snow high on the roads but the sunny slopes were clean and the deer stayed up there IMO. We needed a snow machine and didn't have one.

A local gave us some input when we met him a couple months earlier and I wish I would have got his phone number as he might have helped for existing conditions.

PM sent

Bill

People who work for a living are quickly being
overwhelmed by people who vote for a living.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom