Mule Deer Donations???????

Tikka

Long Time Member
AWLB mentioned in another thread a while back that the donations that come in too the DWR from applications is almost none.

How many of you would donate to the DWR if said funds went solely to help Mule Deer????

I know I would donate a lot more if I knew it went to just that!!!

Share your thoughts please????

Great post Tikka...

This quote is taken right off the DWR website:

"? Purchase a hunting license or donate directly to the Utah
Division of Wildlife Resources. Money from the sales of
hunting licenses and donations provide habitat for wildlife,
including mule deer.(Donations may be directed for use only
on mule deer projects.)"

Any donations can be specified for mule deer only. As far as I know there is no particular time, such as when you buy a license of tag, one can donate. I donate money every time I buy a license or tag, it's convenient that way, but anytime is good!

www.unitedwildlifecooperative.org

hunterman

Thanks for that info, is that new?? Or have I been blind for a few years!!!!!LOL

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-12 AT 12:37PM (MST)[p]I like the concept as long as there was visibility and accountability for those dollars that would prove what they spent it on. I also wish there was more emphasis on opportunities for Dedicated Hunters to participate in Mule Deer focused projects.

I agree on the DH hours should be spent on Mule Deer, I was in that program from the start and I only did one project that directly helped mule deer I planted bitter brush... When the program went from 24hrs. to 40hrs. I quit. Now if all 40hrs.worth of work went to help deer I would get back in....

A lot of hunters want to put time on the ground for our mule deer, no doubt. I attended the annual DH meeting this week and that was a concern for the division as well. The UWC will be having many opportunities this year to get your boots dirty for mule deer and we are always looking for folks to help out. We found that there is a large number of hunters who aren't enrolled in the DH program that want to do the same thing.

Send me a pm with your email address and I will put you on our list of service project volunteers/DH volunteers! Good on you for being pro active!

www.unitedwildlifecooperative.org

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom